CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Glen Stahle accident (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58571)

SSGN 06-27-2015 10:30 PM

Glen Stahle accident

Glen left the IHRA National event at Grand Bend and was on his way home when a Honda Civic drove through a side road and into the side of the trailer. Glen and Richard are ok but the driver of the civic was taken to hospital. The trailer is literally split in half and the race car sustained quite a bit of damage but can be repaired. The Grump is already checking everything over and putting a plan together for repairs.

Kevin

Dave Turner 06-28-2015 10:45 AM

Re: Glen Stahle accident

Bad weather, bad driving, bad news. Sure glad to hear you report that the guys are OK..... you just never know what to expect out there. :eek:

Cdncarnut 06-28-2015 01:45 PM

I drove back to Hamilton, in the rain yesterday.
I am surprised that there are not more accidents.
People are totally oblivious to the fact that you are hauling a car trailer.
Being cut off is the worst.
Having someone pass me, only to then slow down is my second favourite thing to have done to me...
I'm not sure whether is was the rain or just people being ignorant in general.

CanSS 06-28-2015 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Civic driver ran a stop sign at full speed right into the middle of the trailer - spun in the air, demolished the Civic. As the cop said 'how someone can't notice a 55 foot rig coming down the road is beyond me'. Trailer literally split in half... only thing that saved it from sliding all the way around to hit the rv were the safety chains as the hitch severed in half on impact. Car twisted as it was jacked up by the floor of the trailer where it split and squeezed by both sides of the trailer.

Tim Quintin/Cole s/g 06-28-2015 04:41 PM

This is absolutely horrible...hows the car..?

Gary Merrick 06-28-2015 05:36 PM

As BAD as this is and how terrible it is to lose a trailer and possibly a HIGH DOLLAR, beautiful, very fast, race car, the outcome could have been a whole lot worse. If that Civic driver was just a split second sooner, or the motorhome was just a split second later, we might be talking about some very good friends being very seriously injured or possibly even a worse outcome.

No-one wants this to happen but Glen and Richard have to be counting their blessings. Some of us have experienced this type of accident and we have all recovered (it takes a while), so just be Thankful that the Good Lord was looking out for you.

Race cars and trailers can be replaced, Good Friends cannot!!!!!

Gary Merrick

Cdncarnut 06-28-2015 05:39 PM

Unbelievable...
All that hard work destroyed by someone's carelessness.

Dick Butler 06-28-2015 06:37 PM

As already stated, thankful that it is only metal and money instead of people that are hurt.Glad you guys are ok.
Dick

lstanford 06-28-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdncarnut (Post 474964)
I drove back to Hamilton, in the rain yesterday.
I am surprised that there are not more accidents.
People are totally oblivious to the fact that you are hauling a car trailer.
Being cut off is the worst.
Having someone pass me, only to then slow down is my second favourite thing to have done to me...
I'm not sure whether is was the rain or just people being ignorant in general.

I thought they only drove like that in Michigan. Although we are close to Canada. They take passing and slowing down to an art form here. Your much too generous with the term "ignorant".

BillK 06-28-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanSS (Post 474968)
'how someone can't notice a 55 foot rig coming down the road is beyond me'.

Probably had his nose in his cell phone :( I bet one out of every ten driver I see on my commute to and from the shop has a phone in their hand or on their lap. And that's here in Maryland where it is a primary offense. They just do not care.

Glad nobody was hurt.