CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   combo killers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86834)

TERRY HEMBREE 02-23-2024 05:36 PM

combo killers

Anyone else out there that's had to spend a season watching someone destroy your combo for no reason? Red lights, byes,doesn't matter just runs it out every pass.

J.LISA 02-23-2024 06:21 PM

Re: combo killers

I’m guessing the dude from New York with the 396-325
I won’t mention any names. He’s gonna kill the combo

Mark Lewis 02-23-2024 09:22 PM

How far under today. I know he doesn't care about how hard other people have to work

B Parker 02-23-2024 09:48 PM

Mark I get where you guys are coming from. The real sad part for me as one of those guys that works hard on the combo is that Stock and Super Stock used to be a performance class. If you worked hard on your combo, had an idea how to make one run and spent some money we were all proud to show we had a fast car. Now it's how much oil do you have in your car? How far back is your timing? And how far overweight are you? To me other have ruined a big part of Stock Class that I enjoyed. I just pulled in line at Gainesville. Sitting here with my friend saying should we even bother trying to win Class. At the cost of HP to the Combo is it worth it. Now that's SAD!!!! BP

Mark Lewis 02-23-2024 09:53 PM

Already had one combo ruined. You can only get so much out of a stock combo. All us of just don't write checks

Tim Barrett 02-23-2024 10:10 PM

It's way to early to worry about getting horsepower for next year unless someone runs 1.301 under. Last year I kept track of all my Divisional and National runs per event. I knew when we could let it hang out for #1 or to win Class. THEN I'D FIX IT!!! Heard several times that a cpl of my friends got their undies all knotted up because of thinking the same thing,,,WE ARE GOING TO GET HORSEPOWER!!!
Time and rules have changed,,PERIOD! Sad part now is,,some don't save what they have because of that famous saying,,"Yea,,I've Got A Fast Car"! Did the World Champion have the fastest car in his class??? People win events and rounds cause they use their heads and don't worry about being the fastest.
Barry Parker go for a class win at the Baby Gators!!! I don't think you'll have to run so far under that you'll ruin your combo with your first event. Quit dicking around with your Camaro to go faster,,JUST RUN THE DARN THING!!
See you tomorrow!!!

Dave Casey 02-24-2024 07:52 AM

combo killer ? , guys lets stop the drama , So if it got 5 hp, it would end the usefulness of all these cars with this engine ? lets be real, it would be 50 lbs. or take wt out and run a faster class. Ralph is a good man and he is RACING as in going fast. To top it all off, he has been going thru some real health issues and is currently on the good side of that.

Go get them Ralph, glad you are currently qualified first

Barry , step on it for class will ya

Tim, good reply, you got it right

James Hensler 02-24-2024 07:57 AM

Tell me if I’m thinking about this the wrong way. Combo Killers! If one person can do it hasn’t he proved it can be done and everyone should be capable of running that quick? If you are not maybe you are not working as hard as you think you are!

Larry Hill 02-24-2024 09:03 AM

The past and current Stock champs both have Bad Fast cars.

Todd Hoven 02-24-2024 11:23 AM

It’s part of the game. A 1.02 under run at one of the fastest races of the year, early in the year is hardly crippling. There are quite a few cars in the 396/325 combo. Plenty of smart racers who go plenty of rounds with that combo as well. I’m sure it will work out. I wouldn’t start building 327’s and 350’s just yet. Have fun and race your combo