CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Drag Pak Challengers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58849)

Jeff Teuton 07-20-2015 11:13 PM

New Drag Pak Challengers

Two new cars this weekend debut at Denver. 426 Naturally Aspirated and 354 Blown. Kevin Helms will master one and I am not sure of the other. John Morris, our crew chief will be monitoring the action, and of course I will be there taking of the Political and Social aspect of the goings on. Numerous Mopar folks will be on hand. Should be a good time, and new cars are always exciting.

Stewart Way 07-20-2015 11:26 PM

Re: New Drag Pak Challengers

Do you get to bring these 2 cars home or are they Mopars cars? Are they in the race of just a debut at Mopars race. Look forward to your onsite report on both cars.

Jacob Pitt 07-21-2015 08:09 AM

If you guys need a shoe for the other car give me a call! I've got plenty of grade points! Indy in a new Mopar would be awesome!

RJ Sledge 07-21-2015 08:24 AM

Hey Jethro.....are you sure that KS has enough high altitude experience to get the job done???

Ya'll have a good time and tell John to keep you straight......

RJ

sammy pizzolato 07-21-2015 09:46 AM

R J I Keep them all in line!!! that's my job.

Jeff Teuton 07-21-2015 10:05 AM

Both cars are for Mopar, but we are negotiating on those two plus a couple that are laying around. I am trying to get a few things done on the production cars that come through me and are going to be raced and not collector vehicles. All previous Drag Paks have gone thru dealers for legal reasons and usually if a customer wants one and has trouble locally, then they somehow appear on my parts account right next to a fender or a wheel. There are always a few things that cost little or nothing that can be done that racers need. They are better race cars as a finished product than the 2011 V10 models were because of things learned on those models. I don't want to get into too many details, but the motors are really trick and are done by respected builders. There will probably be two blown motors; both 354, but different bore stroke,blocks, both 2.9 Whipple. This new head is very good and it's on two of the motors. Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself.

Rat Raceway 07-21-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 477047)
Two new cars this weekend debut at Denver. 426 Naturally Aspirated and 354 Blown. Kevin Helms will master one and I am not sure of the other. John Morris, our crew chief will be monitoring the action, and of course I will be there taking of the Political and Social aspect of the goings on. Numerous Mopar folks will be on hand. Should be a good time, and new cars are always exciting.

Are you guys racing or just running them as a exhibition?

I don't see Mr. Helms name on the list and entry is now closed.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...psi1m4rfst.jpg

DonatoEng 07-21-2015 11:56 AM

Jeff,
Reminds me of 2008 Denver, wish I could be there this time.

69camz28 07-21-2015 01:08 PM

Good Luck in Denver, Jeff - I'll be listening online! Very excited for these new cars and I am really looking forward to the upcoming Factory Showdown at Indy. It's hard to believe that's just over a month away....

~Jeff

Jeff Teuton 07-21-2015 04:41 PM

NHRA felt the other competitors would feel Kevin had an advantage with the extra passes if he was allowed to enter. Mopar was OK with the idea. We started to enter and bring our caravan out there, but it's just a little far. John, I wish you could be here. If anyone had an huge part of the DP program, it was you.