CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your experience foot brake vs. 2 step regarding ET (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=63140)

Rusty Davenport 08-04-2016 09:00 AM

Your experience foot brake vs. 2 step regarding ET

Would anyone care to share your experience with ET gain.....not drivability......which one is faster, slower, how much difference or any other comments. This would pertain to a stock eliminator type car.

Larry Hill 08-04-2016 01:01 PM

Re: Your experience foot brake vs. 2 step regarding ET

.02 with two step

ALMACK 08-04-2016 03:39 PM

.05 quicker with a 2 step on my T-Bird.
But then it's not a V-8 nor naturally aspirated.

btrc 08-04-2016 04:02 PM

Larry and Alan,
When you use the 2 step is it set for the same RPM that you were footbraking to?

Sam Capizzi Jr 08-04-2016 04:18 PM

I use a 2 step with a button in Pro and footBrake in street when bracket racing and found that the 2 step is about 2 hundredths slower in ET but .02 faster in reaction time. This is at 3000 rpm in my car. I load the converter to 3400 to make up the difference in RT

ALMACK 08-07-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btrc (Post 510819)
Larry and Alan,
When you use the 2 step is it set for the same RPM that you were footbraking to?

Bob: In my case no, so there really is not a fair comparison I suppose.

It would be an interesting test tho to set the 2 step down lower to the point where I leave on footbraking.

Rusty Davenport 08-08-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALMACK (Post 510973)
Bob: In my case no, so there really is not a fair comparison I suppose.

It would be an interesting test tho to set the 2 step down lower to the point where I leave on footbraking.

Exactly my question------ like at 2000 on the 2 step OR if its a direct linkage quadrajet get on the 2 step before the secondaries are open----------anyone care to comment ???

HandOverFist 08-08-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport (Post 511033)
Exactly my question------ like at 2000 on the 2 step OR if its a direct linkage quadrajet get on the 2 step before the secondaries are open----------anyone care to comment ???

All the Stock racers I have asked leave with the throttle already matted when using the two-step...I have not tried it yet. Mine is chipped at 3000 and I often hear it when staged. I have resisted trying it because it is just the opposite from what I am used to...leaving off the brake pedal instead of pushing the gas pedal.

Rusty Davenport 08-08-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandOverFist (Post 511034)
All the Stock racers I have asked leave with the throttle already matted when using the two-step...I have not tried it yet. Mine is chipped at 3000 and I often hear it when staged. I have resisted trying it because it is just the opposite from what I am used to...leaving off the brake pedal instead of pushing the gas pedal.

So let me get this straight------you are using the 2 step but no more throttle than it takes to reach the chip ????

HandOverFist 08-08-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport (Post 511042)
So let me get this straight------you are using the 2 step but no more throttle than it takes to reach the chip ????

Not by intent, but rather by design Rusty. As you can see in the image the activation button is in the brake pedal itself...I know some use a micro-switch.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...psv7wv6wdw.jpg