CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Class Format at Indy so far (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76995)

Don Kennedy 08-11-2020 01:06 PM

Class Format at Indy so far

NHRA Announces a Revised Structure for Super Stock and Stock at U.S. Nationals
NHRA officials announced today a revised structure for Super Stock and Stock class at the DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals. Under the revised structure the two quickest cars in a class or combo after the first qualifying session will be paired up in the second qualifying session to determine a winner.

Qualifying and class will be contested on Thursday, September 3rd. The second qualifying session for each category will begin with class finals. Alternates will be inserted if required.

Superfan1 08-11-2020 01:27 PM

Re: Class Format at Indy so far

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 620660)
NHRA Announces a Revised Structure for Super Stock and Stock at U.S. Nationals
NHRA officials announced today a revised structure for Super Stock and Stock class at the DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals. Under the revised structure the two quickest cars in a class or combo after the first qualifying session will be paired up in the second qualifying session to determine a winner.

Qualifying and class will be contested on Thursday, September 3rd. The second qualifying session for each category will begin with class finals. Alternates will be inserted if required.

It won't be the class eliminations that we all know and love; but it is better than nothing!

Jim Kaekel 08-11-2020 04:49 PM

It's probably been done in an effort to pump up the lagging S/SS entries.

Jeff Stout 08-11-2020 05:15 PM

Old CHicago area Funny Car style. Exception that 2 fastest was best 2 out of 3.

Superfan1 08-11-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Kaekel (Post 620675)
It's probably been done in an effort to pump up the lagging S/SS entries.

Indy goes to Grade 1 tomorrow; we'll see if the entries increase significantly, or will racers keep their money until just before the deadline and then enter. With the quotas at 160 in both Stock and Super Stock; there certainly is no urgency to enter now.

Don Kennedy 08-11-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 620679)
Indy goes to Grade 1 tomorrow; we'll see if the entries increase significantly, or will racers keep their money until just before the deadline and then enter. With the quotas at 160 in both Stock and Super Stock; there certainly is no urgency to enter now.

There just might be the rest of the story coming up in this time with the health issues of our country,so stay tuned

B/S 428 08-11-2020 06:19 PM

Any word on if AHFS will be in effect?

TOSTO RACING 08-11-2020 08:34 PM

I don't understand why they just can't have class the way it should be? They are having the race and parking on Tuesday ? So they saved one day of stacking? What gives? As far as I'm concerned they have ruined INDY ! I'm sure glad I bought a brand new tube of shoe polish for my camaro!

4543 08-12-2020 07:36 AM

I guess it’s better than what they were going to do. The people who really want to watch Class are all going to be sitting in the staging lanes behind the Class finals waiting to run.

Ernie Neal 08-12-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B/S 428 (Post 620685)
Any word on if AHFS will be in effect?

The word I heard was NO AHFS at Indy 2020.

Ernie Neal
SS 354