CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Torque Converter who do you use (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=63737)

pfordamx 09-23-2016 01:53 PM

Torque Converter who do you use

I'm pretty much inbetween Coan, ATI, and Ultimate open to suggestions of other companies. i'm sure i won't any have isssue with any of those 3 companies just wanted some advice from guys who test alot of converters and if it makes a difference this is going in 3000lb 550hp bracket car that will see both footbrake and transbrake racing i know that means the converter probably won't be perfect for either. but who would you use and the trans is a turbo 400.

Thanks
Patrick

Mike Pearson 09-23-2016 02:03 PM

Re: Torque Converter who do you use

I have been using ATI for several decades. They have great service and a fantastic product. Call and talk to Charlie Plott. You might have to leave him a message and he will get back to you. You would be much better off with a glide than the 400 in a bracket car

pfordamx 09-23-2016 02:10 PM

Mike i appreciate the input. Ive considered a glide but i have a 400 and i wasnt sure how well a 2 speed would work in a lower horsepower combo like this. But also the extreme weight reduction from a all steel 400 to a glide might make up some for the lack of a gear.?

Jim Kaekel 09-23-2016 03:40 PM

X2 on ATI. I've been a customer for over 25 years and have always been happy with their quality, service and knowledge. A-1 is superb as well.

Mark Callanan 09-23-2016 03:43 PM

Lenny
At Ultimate has been very good to us
Ultimate Convertor Concepts
He has a banner add at the top...

Marc LaBrecque 09-23-2016 03:45 PM

Lenny at Ultimite converters is about as hard a working guy in the converter buisness as your gonna get and has a great working relationship with his customers .

Marc

pfordamx 09-23-2016 04:23 PM

So ati or ultimate it is i'll flip a coin.

1320racer 09-23-2016 04:31 PM

None better than ATI. That said, I've been running a Turbo 400 for 25 years in my bracket cars, running as slow as 15s to as quick as mid 8s.

Ed Wright 09-23-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Pearson (Post 515511)
I have been using ATI for several decades. They have great service and a fantastic product. Call and talk to Charlie Plott. You might have to leave him a message and he will get back to you. You would be much better off with a glide than the 400 in a bracket car

Ditto! Charlie knows his s**t!

pfordamx 09-23-2016 04:41 PM

Thanks for all the input i'll have to remember the name charlie plot, when i call