CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Event entry (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78693)

John DiBartolomeo 02-27-2021 09:50 AM

Event entry

Is it me or does anyone else believe that computers have made our lives harder, not easier. Trying to enter the Baby Gators (I really don't like that name but...) is an effort in redundancy. You get asked at least twice to enter your name, address, etc. Sign here... again. Even with auto fill turned on, you still have to go through several steps. Then you get sent an email you have to confirm. "Click here to confirm." Could they make this any harder? What was really so hard about me showing up at the gate, handing someone cash (Oh, can't touch that), get a paper tech card, fill it out, hand to a Tech man (oh, might transfer the virus)... Come on people. Common sense.

John DiBartolomeo 02-27-2021 09:53 AM

Re: Event entry

And let's not forget the extra $2.50 they charge as a fee. Yes, it's only 2.50, but that's not the point.

Keith 944 02-27-2021 10:13 AM

Like most people I also think it is a pain. But one up side to some of these I can use a credit card instead of making sure I have cash on hand. I think the hardest part of electronic entry is when you’re on the road from one Race to another trying to get everything situated

HR9121 02-27-2021 10:51 AM

John what's really bad is you know this is the norm from here on out. Even after the virus is forgotten about they will never go back to doing it the old way so hopefully they will find a way to improve it. Sadly though knowing NHRA they will figure out how to make it more difficult!

John DiBartolomeo 02-27-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 635372)
Like most people I also think it is a pain. But one up side to some of these I can use a credit card instead of making sure I have cash on hand. I think the hardest part of electronic entry is when you’re on the road from one Race to another trying to get everything situated

I understand the need not to have to carry cash, but they can also process a CC on the spot. We've done that for years. It's done every day at places like Walmart, grocery stores, etc. Why do we have to make things so difficult?

MR DERBY CITY 02-27-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John DiBartolomeo (Post 635368)
Is it me or does anyone else believe that computers have made our lives harder, not easier. Trying to enter the Baby Gators (I really don't like that name but...) is an effort in redundancy. You get asked at least twice to enter your name, address, etc. Sign here... again. Even with auto fill turned on, you still have to go through several steps. Then you get sent an email you have to confirm. "Click here to confirm." Could they make this any harder? What was really so hard about me showing up at the gate, handing someone cash (Oh, can't touch that), get a paper tech card, fill it out, hand to a Tech man (oh, might transfer the virus)... Come on people. Common sense.

Right on Johnny D....#STOPTHEMADNESS

Mike Pearson 02-27-2021 03:36 PM

I actually prefer the way it I now. Filling out the tech card ahead of time is better and faster. I also like paying online and not having to carry as much cash with me when I travel. We have been doing it this way for the National events for many years. I see no downside.

Roy Kinslow 02-28-2021 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John DiBartolomeo (Post 635368)

If you were one of the millions of people who was trying to file for unemployment or perhaps someone who was trying to register for the vaccine or was having trouble ordering groceries for your family online and didn't understand computers I could have sympathy for you. Trying to register for a NHRA drag race in Florida............remember you don't have to do it if it's too much trouble.

4543 02-28-2021 09:10 AM

I agree that the process could be much simpler. There is no need for all the repetition.

Dan Fletcher 02-28-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Kinslow (Post 635427)
If you were one of the millions of people who was trying to file for unemployment or perhaps someone who was trying to register for the vaccine or was having trouble ordering groceries for your family online and didn't understand computers I could have sympathy for you. Trying to register for a NHRA drag race in Florida............remember you don't have to do it if it's too much trouble.

He didn't say it was world ending, we all know there are bigger problems in the world. He simply asked if a decent, dare I say smarter, IT program couldn't be put in place that made things far more simple and user friendly. God John, you're such an uncaring soul, people are dying you know...