CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What's Up With Jegs? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77856)

63corvette 11-17-2020 01:06 PM

What's Up With Jegs?

Has anyone received a contingency check from Jegs this year?
Usually they are the first to be received.
I have outstanding contingency payments from February and July.
I have sent several emails to the person listed on their contingency list with NHRA and had no response.
I have also called and left messages which have not been returned.
I even called the order line and no one answers it anymore either.
I was asked to leave a message or go to Jegs.com.
Does anyone know what is going on there?
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Regan Wilson 11-17-2020 06:44 PM

Re: What's Up With Jegs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63corvette (Post 628189)
Has anyone received a contingency check from Jegs this year?
Usually they are the first to be received.
I have outstanding contingency payments from February and July.
I have sent several emails to the person listed on their contingency list with NHRA and had no response.
I have also called and left messages which have not been returned.
I even called the order line and no one answers it anymore either.
I was asked to leave a message or go to Jegs.com.
Does anyone know what is going on there?
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

I guess it's just a sign of the times Rick. I was surprised I got a check from NHRA from the Fall Nationals.

Keith 944 11-17-2020 08:34 PM

I am still waiting for Contingency checks from Jegs and Summit this was from the Epping race our first division 1 race of the year

Lenny5160 11-17-2020 11:37 PM

That is indeed very odd that they are being slow to pay.

Earlier this year I tried a couple times to cancel a part that was backordered but I found it elsewhere. I spent at least an hour on hold for Customer Service on two separate occasions. I just gave up and put the part on the shelf when it finally arrived months later.

SGSST109E 11-18-2020 08:33 AM

I ordered a tonneau hard cover from Jegs. It was delayed and never would get a straight answer. When I called I would have to wait one plus hrs before I spoke to a real person. After weeks of not getting an answer on a ship date. I called to cancel the order. I spent a total of 8 hrs on hold during this whole process. After 6 weeks it finally got it canceled. Went online and ordered it from GMC on friday. Picked it up the following tuesday at the dealer for $100 less too.

Superstreet29 11-18-2020 12:16 PM

The ONLY contingency check I’ve received from my Gators win has been Don at Crew Chief Pro. Usually it goes much quicker than this

7110 11-18-2020 09:33 PM

Haven't bought from Jeg's in a long time, mainly because they are rarely the best price I can get elsewhere. But I can confirm similar observations as you mentioned about Summit. They are still shipping somewhat normally, but I waited on hold for almost an hour recently in the late afternoon/early evening Ohio time and never got a human being and gave up. That never used to happen - even in the middle of the night you got someone quickly.

My guess is, behind the scenes at both places is ugly - a lot less staff, and those in sales and support left are stretched thin and working remotely.

Robin Lawrence 11-19-2020 12:01 AM

Just to be clear, I work for Holley. Industry wide orders are way up. We are in a similar situation with phone calls.

We have 55 seats on the phone lines and have about 45 people. Recruiting, training and turning them loose takes time.
Because of Covid sales are through the roof. We as well as our resellers are having a banner year. Everyone is working on projects that had been collecting dust for years. People are sitting at home and catching up on projects.

We have added phone techs to work from home and longer extended hours. We added a second shift in shipping. We are doing the best under the circumstances. I suspect that every other performance company is going through the same.

We are shipping more that we are getting in orders now. Back orders are getting filled as fast as we can.

Robin

MacNicol Racing 11-23-2020 05:27 PM

I received a checked from them 2-3 weeks after the Orlando divisional. Still waiting on the one from the SGMP divisional that was 2 weeks later and Rockingham. They sent out the bonus awards from the Allstars race right away.

We've been calling and sending emails to Shirly Carter (ext 1178) in accounting and rarely does she respond or call back. On Friday we tried calling and got no answer and we asked to speak with her supervisor and the person we were talking to said to try Shirly again and ironically she answered. She said that she has all the paperwork from NHRA for all the events and ALL checks would be mailed out on Nov 27th or Dec 2nd.

63corvette 11-23-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacNicol Racing (Post 628607)
I received a checked from them 2-3 weeks after the Orlando divisional. Still waiting on the one from the SGMP divisional that was 2 weeks later and Rockingham. They sent out the bonus awards from the Allstars race right away.

We've been calling and sending emails to Shirly Carter (ext 1178) in accounting and rarely does she respond or call back. On Friday we tried calling and got no answer and we asked to speak with her supervisor and the person we were talking to said to try Shirly again and ironically she answered. She said that she has all the paperwork from NHRA for all the events and ALL checks would be mailed out on Nov 27th or Dec 2nd.

That is good news for me.
Shirley is the one I sent numerous emails to and left messages for and never heard anything from dating beginning back in May and until the end of Sept.
I guess time will tell.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Superstreet29 11-27-2020 12:20 AM

I’ve still only got one check from winning the Southerns that were finished in Gainesville. Crew Chief Pro paid quickly and that’s been it.

Dewdlebug 11-27-2020 07:09 PM

Same boat here. 34 claims outstanding since June.
Lucas Oil and Peterson Spring paid promptly.
I've reached out to several contingency sponsors directly...crickets.
I've reached out to NHRA directly (David McKenna)...crickets.
I've reached out to D3 DD ...crickets
I've reached out to D4 DD. He did offer to try and help but no results as of yet.

I keep hearing that "many folks are working from home" and that excuse is getting old too. If you're on the payroll, then whether you're at home, or in the office, the results and customer service should be the same. There is literally no excuse for not taking 30 seconds to respond to an email even if it's just to say "we're working on it".

The conspiracist in me can't help but wonder if the chapter 11 by NHRA has any bearing on this.

Average Joe 12-08-2020 05:50 PM

Anybody get their Jeg’s money? I haven’t seen it yet.

Keith 944 12-09-2020 08:09 AM

Still nothing

Superstreet29 12-09-2020 10:56 AM

Zero

MacNicol Racing 12-11-2020 07:42 AM

Nothing! So much for what we were told by Jeg's. We were told by the DD that all contingency forms were sent to the contingency sponsors for payment except for Allstars (no explanation on that?). So it's in the hands of the sponsors not NHRA.

FED 387 12-11-2020 07:48 PM

Perhaps if those racers "expecting" any money from JEGS maybe if the racers that are affected maybe try contacting one of the Coughlin brothers directly either by phone mail or email and explaining what has or has not happened and see if they can intervene on the racers behalf---2 things come into play here first its their name out there and it definitely is going to affect their future sales if it is not already doing that because of this AND/OR they might be totally unaware of what is going on and it might give them a "nudge" to look into what the situation is and see what they can do to resolve the situation. Just a thought FED 387

FED 387 12-11-2020 08:00 PM

Also SCOTT WOODRUFF from Jeg's is the Director of Media and Motorsports for Jeg's PLUS he sits on the BOARD MEMBER of NHRA CONTINGENCY COMMITTEE

sst5167 12-12-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewdlebug (Post 628861)
Same boat here. 34 claims outstanding since June.
Lucas Oil and Peterson Spring paid promptly.
I've reached out to several contingency sponsors directly...crickets.
I've reached out to NHRA directly (David McKenna)...crickets.
I've reached out to D3 DD ...crickets
I've reached out to D4 DD. He did offer to try and help but no results as of yet.

I keep hearing that "many folks are working from home" and that excuse is getting old too. If you're on the payroll, then whether you're at home, or in the office, the results and customer service should be the same. There is literally no excuse for not taking 30 seconds to respond to an email even if it's just to say "we're working on it".

The conspiracist in me can't help but wonder if the chapter 11 by NHRA has any bearing on this.

I too, have heard that many people are working from home. David McKenna messed up my contingency claim form so bad from the Phoenix race in Oct. I have sent him numerous emails trying to get it resolved, but yet to get a response from him. Its now been 3 months and my claim form is still a mess!
What is frustrating to me, is NHRA could care less about getting us paid(or resolving a problem) in a timely manner. Yet, when I renew my membership and licenses, the money is pulled from my bank within hours.

Mike Boehner

MacNicol Racing 12-14-2020 05:40 PM

Holy crap I received 2 checks today! They are from the Rockingham divisional (Oct). Moser and FTI.

Keith 944 01-03-2021 09:02 PM

Still nothing from them. They owe for 2 race wins. I have all payments from race 1 (except Jegs). Have only Lucas oil payment from maple grove. No bounty hunter payment either (a div 1 thing). Weird and annoying

63corvette 01-03-2021 09:42 PM

I also am short 2 races from Jegs.
I have all the contingencies from the February race except Jegs.
I am still missing 3 or 4 including Jegs from the July race. Two of those have told me it is coming as the Covid situation is the holdup right now.
It looks like Jegs is out of the contingency business as I have not heard or anyone getting anything from them in 2020.
Just my experience.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Average Joe 01-03-2021 09:50 PM

I will be taking my business elsewhere until this contingency is resolved.

If they have money to post this on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=94323070534

Then there is no reason that they can’t pay contingency.

sully3358 01-07-2021 01:07 AM

I have received every contingency check from my September divisional win with the exception of Jegs. That’s 13 checks received and 1 still missing. I guess Jegs got free advertising in 2020?

RNNChrisbarnes 01-07-2021 07:06 PM

Contact David Kennedy at NHRA contingency. dkennedy@nhra.com he can help you out with the jegs problems.

Keith 944 01-07-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNNChrisbarnes (Post 631354)
Contact David Kennedy at NHRA contingency. dkennedy@nhra.com he can help you out with the jegs problems.

I just sent an email we will see if I get a response
I emailed David Mohn sometime ago no response from him.

Average Joe 01-08-2021 12:52 PM

Received my Jeg’s contingency check today

Keith 944 01-08-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Average Joe (Post 631407)
Received my Jeg’s contingency check today

Excellent! Still don’t quite understand why we are all kept in the dark and what’s up with all the other Contingency money being so late

Keith 944 01-08-2021 08:36 PM

I have now gotten several replies from Mr. Kennedy it was definitely worth the effort to contact him and I want to thank him for looking into the situation hopefully now we can all get paid

63corvette 01-12-2021 05:05 PM

In todays mail 1-12-2021 I did get two checks in one envelope from Jeg's.
That clears my 2020 missing contingencies.
Both checks were dated 12-31-2020.
I hope everyone else missing checks gets their checks soon.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Keith 944 01-12-2021 06:48 PM

Yes happy day! I got my Jegs check in the mail but that was from our first divisional race I’m waiting on the next to last divisional race check now

Superstreet29 01-17-2021 10:49 AM

Thanks Jegs! Got mine today

reknapp52 01-19-2021 08:03 PM

Looks like they got all caught up writing them at year-end (12/31).

sst5167 01-20-2021 08:45 AM

Apparently the check writer was busy on New Years Eve (they gotta get that tax write off!). I received all three of my checks in one envelope. Now my hang up is K&N......

Dewdlebug 01-21-2021 12:06 AM

Received K&N "Air Filter" today for 3 races in 2020. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the K&N "oil filter' sticker money soon. All clear on Jegs. However just a heads up for all racers. At one of the races (D4), someone in the divisional staff team "double stapled" the top two corners of the two pages of the claim form. When this occurred it completely obscured the top line item on the 2nd page which was "logbook" (jegs). Of course since I did not see the claim line item (it was hidden) it wasn't checked off and conversely the item wasn't submitted to jegs for payment. At the beginning of 2020, I filled out a 'master contingency claim form' which is intended to be a default claim form. I've reached out to D. Kennedy and the DD with emails and phone calls hoping to resolve the issue but no response yet (which I'll reference my earlier post about have the professionalism to simply RESPOND).
Always take a picture of each page of the claim form (after signed by you and the tech insp). This has paid off several times over the years.

63corvette 01-21-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewdlebug (Post 632460)
Received K&N "Air Filter" today for 3 races in 2020. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the K&N "oil filter' sticker money soon..

I did get a check for my last race of 2020 from K&N this week also for only the air filter.
In times past the air filter and oil filter contingency was combined in one check.
I do know K&N has a new team doing contingency as I sent an email to the person I had always dealt with and he informed me of that and forwarded me on to the new team.
I wonder now if that new group is looking at the top of the contingency form where the air filter is listed (at least on my sheet) and not looking below for the oil filter and is missing one of the claims.
Why would they write 2 separate checks? Each check written costs K&N extra in several ways.
In years past K&N was one of the first to pay like Jeg's was and something changed at both sponsors.
I guess we wait and see what happens.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Mbodnar 01-30-2021 11:24 PM

I also received my three checks from Jegs, seems like everyone got them at the same time. Also for K&N said they were very behind due to COVID, the checks rolled in from them a week or two ago.