CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Strange Engineering/NHRA dispute (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55420)

Stockerstang 10-26-2014 10:03 AM

Strange Engineering/NHRA dispute

Read on Strange Engineering FB page, they are upset with NHRA and I guess will not award contingency, Perfectly Strange monies? Anyone read or know more about this than I?

Don Himes 10-26-2014 11:04 AM

Re: Strange Engineering/NHRA dispute

I think almost all manufacturers are upset with NHRA on this subject. You see, they must post a dollar amount for contingencies. Whatever is left over after paying contingents is kept by NHRA. And you thought that Ponzi schemes were bad?

voltdr 10-26-2014 12:03 PM

Perfectly Strange money went away a couple of years ago.

Ed Carpenter 10-26-2014 03:16 PM

They posted that they will come up with some form of private contingency for racers. Said Nhra wanted to hit them for 13k. Typical Nhra running off another sponsor like Mark Williams a few years ago.

Rob Petrie E395 10-26-2014 04:31 PM

The other thing that Jeff from Strange posted on facebook. Was that they quit a couple of years ago because NHRA would not negotiate any of thier fees. Recently they were contacted and from what it sounds like NHRA had reconsidered and was willing to talk. But it ended up all being BS. and that really pissed him off. I dont blame him for not wanting to continue.

Mike Fuller 10-26-2014 05:01 PM

Don't blame them one bit. If more sponsors would post private contingency awards it could set a trend and maybe NHRA would get the message and not be so greedy. But they have some big salaries to pay and I think that is what is the driving force behind thier money grab.

Tom Goldman 10-26-2014 08:39 PM

Real shame , Strange was one of NHRA's stand up sponsors .
Always one of the first checks to arive .
Hope Jeff deciedes to do something privately .

blkjack 10-26-2014 08:55 PM

"The only regret I have is that I wasted my breath to negotiate...
I have waited to respond- because I was insulted by the proposal.. I just do not see enough benefits for 13K a year... I can be more specific, but the fact that racers display the "NHRA/Strange" decal is of little importance to me... What we discussed was a program that racers displayed a perfectly Strange decal and more importantly- display a Strange suspension, axles and brakes decal on the vehicle- because they use the product. We thouroughly discussed my motive and not wasting anymore breath on it - I also talked at length, that branding was of the utmost importance and then I receive your proposal- obvously I was heard, but not listened to... Eric... I realize that you have to answer to others, so I don't want to take this out on you, but I got my hopes up that we could work something out- beneficial to both of us, but regrettably the win:win does not work with NHRA. I just do not negotiate at an insulting starting point - so please tell the powers to be to GO F**K THEMSELVES - we will carry on..." Jeff Strange

Bobby Fazio 10-27-2014 08:27 AM

Why does NHRA simply refuse to adjust to the economic times? They still think it is pre-2008.

Andys dad 10-27-2014 09:28 AM

Why don't sponsors pay without going through NHRA?

Is it because we can not be trusted to run the decal and use the product?

I have not and still don't get it but what's new

Ron

BTW Jeff - we use all three products as well as the aluminum rear end chunk