CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NHRA LODRS Tie-Breakers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55431)

voltdr 10-26-2014 10:03 PM

NHRA LODRS Tie-Breakers

Does anyone know what the tie-breaker rules are used for the NHRA LODRS Series Divisional events? I sent an email to NHRA but haven't heard back yet.
Dan Foley

Dewdlebug 10-28-2014 01:43 PM

Re: NHRA LODRS Tie-Breakers

Heres what I've always been told - maybe it's right, who knows.

1st level - Best 5 home division races (OD races are excluded).
2nd level - Total of ALL home division races (OD are excluded)
3rd level - Total of ALL races (ID & OD) I've never seen or heard of it getting to this point.

MadMax404 10-28-2014 03:57 PM

D4 goes by

1. Driver with most H2H wins in Home Division races
2. Driver with most round wins in home division races
3. Driver with averaged lowest qualifying position at home division races
4. Driver with closest or quickest(ss stock comp td ts) qualifying ET's(SG, SC, SST) under index's goes to the bottom of the list.

Dewdlebug 10-28-2014 09:26 PM

I can see this might end up being a very interesting thread.

MadMax404 10-29-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewdlebug (Post 451170)
I can see this might end up being a very interesting thread.

Don't shoot the messanger champ...that is what I got from the DD :D

Mark Yeager 10-30-2014 05:01 PM

NHRA LUCAS OIL POINTS TIE-BREAKER METHODS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TIE-BREAKERS

If a tie exists (for any position) at the conclusion of the NHRA Lucas Oil National Championship series, it shall be resolved as follows. If, after step one is followed a tie still remains, additional steps are to be followed until tie is broken.

1. Review full season of scored National and scored Division event racing between tied drivers (both drivers must have received points at events being compared). Driver with most “head to head” victories wins tie.

2. Review full season of scored National and scored Division events (scored events are events at which driver received points). Driver with most rounds won wins tie.

3. Calculate average qualifying positions from scored National and scored Division events. Qualifying position to be rounded to one decimal point – for example, a driver qualifying 8, 15, and 9 would have a 10.7 average. Driver with the lowest average qualifying position wins tie.

4. Calculate average qualifying elapsed-times from scored National and scored Division events. Driver with the quickest average qualifying elapsed-time wins tie (Comp, SS, Stock is furthest under their class index –Super category qualifying ET’s under class index are voided)

Off NHRAracer site.