CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weather Station Recommendations? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75114)

Jeff Kempton 01-06-2020 05:49 PM

Weather Station Recommendations?

Looking to buy a handheld weather station with ET prediction software before next racing season. Any suggestions or experiences to share? Thanks.

Hacksaw 01-06-2020 06:49 PM

Re: Weather Station Recommendations?

I've been using a Computech handheld for years. Found it to be user friendly and quite accurate.

Dave Turner 01-06-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw (Post 605631)
I've been using a Computech handheld for years. Found it to be user friendly and quite accurate.

Computech customer since 2007....very dependable.:)

bykr 01-07-2020 01:53 AM

I've had good luck with my Kestrel.

SSGN 01-07-2020 07:20 AM

The Kestrel is hard to beat and the price is right. Fletcher and the Biondos put me onto it when we raced Jr,s. Got mine from Biondos as it is nice to support our own.

curtis reed 01-07-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bykr (Post 605645)
I've had good luck with my Kestrel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN (Post 605649)
The Kestrel is hard to beat and the price is right. Fletcher and the Biondos put me onto it when we raced Jr,s. Got mine from Biondos as it is nice to support our own.

There are Kestrels with prediction?

Ed Wright 01-07-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis reed (Post 605659)
There are Kestrels with prediction?

Curtis, I never found a hand held that predicted my car nearly as well as Crew Chief Pro software in my laptop. Type in data from my weather station into Crew Chief Pro, and use it’s prediction. Make Edwards put me into Crew Chief Pro a long time ago. He used it to know what to expect from his Pro Stock car. As always, Mike was correct.

Lee Valentine 01-07-2020 05:42 PM

Crew Chief Pro is the best I've ever used.

Hacksaw 01-07-2020 06:27 PM

Crew Chief Pro a handheld ?

Ed Wright 01-07-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw (Post 605680)
Crew Chief Pro a handheld ?

No sir. I thought I said “software in my laptop”. Type weather data from your weather station & run data from your time sips into Crew Chief Pro software in your laptop. Sorry it I was not clear. I’m old.