CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Maple Grove Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=62300)

Jack Matyas 05-25-2016 03:10 PM

Live from Maple Grove Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Hi Gang - If I ever had good news for you it's today ! ! Looking at the rest of the week weather wise - we're only going to have as they say- "Chamber of Commerce" weather .You know ,sunny with blue skies and temps near ninety .Nope , I didn't stutter , nine -o , ninety .So get off the fence and head on over ASAP as you're now run out of excuses .And for those of you headed to Bowling Green - I say good luck to you and enjoy the drive .

The line is already forming - entry will commence at 4 pm going until 8 tonight .

Tomorrow will be test n tune along with Tech .....back a little later .

mat H/SA 05-25-2016 04:14 PM

Re: Live from Maple Grove Dragway - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

until what time tomorrow can we get in ?

Ken Miele 05-25-2016 06:37 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mat H/SA (Post 504400)
until what time tomorrow can we get in ?

Track opens at 7:30 AM to 8 PM.

It was nice to see Maple Grove open the gates today for us early birds. Not many rigs here yet, about 75 I would guess. I found a few cars out but most racers were just getting settled in for the week. I did find it strange to see a McLaren 570S parked all by its lonesome in the holding area. Its a very cool car that runs high 10's. Way out of my price range starting $190,000, I can always dream though.

goinbroke2 05-25-2016 08:13 PM

Meh....****box import....lol

Must of had quite the disability check, parked in the disabled parking and all....

HR9121 05-25-2016 08:38 PM

You keep up the good work Jack and your Christmas bonus may just get you one!

mat H/SA 05-25-2016 11:53 PM

Thanks for the info Ken!

Ken Miele 05-26-2016 09:06 AM

8 Attachment(s)
My pleasure.

Good morning all, its a beautiful warm sunny day. It will warm for the rest of the week with temps in upper 80's. A slight chance of late day showers but nothing to worry about, it should be a good week for racing.

Test and tune will start at 11PM and run until 5PM. No lines to get in as they opened the gates early. Still room to park on black top if you wish, but the fields are all in great shape and with very little chance of rain you can pick the spot you want.

Jack Matyas 05-26-2016 05:01 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Today was exactly as promised - blue skies ,sunshine and I dare say just plain hot.Not a record setting day but it's the one we've been waiting for .Still some great pit space left if you're on your way here .

Anthony Bongiovanni brought out his new '16 Mustang and talk about craftsmanship - stop by and take a look - enjoy the pics till then .And BTW, it made some fast shakedown runs today even with the heat and humidity .

Back later with more photos ................

stik 05-26-2016 07:49 PM

Is this similar to the dutch classic as far as the amount of classes and car count?
I never attended this race and would need to take off from work to do so.
I hope it's worth missing work for

thank you

Ken Miele 05-26-2016 08:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stik (Post 504511)
Is this similar to the dutch classic as far as the amount of classes and car count?
I never attended this race and would need to take off from work to do so.
I hope it's worth missing work for

thank you

There will be more class cars at this race, its definitely worth coming out. Here are a few shots from today, it was warm but I will take it over the cold any day. Tomorrow Stock will be out first at 8:30AM for their first qualifier.