CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Carolina Class Racers Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CCRA Finale Piedmont Results (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55698)

Jeffl52 11-16-2014 06:58 PM

CCRA Finale Piedmont Results

Congratulations to Doug Hobgood for winning the season finale at Piedmont Dragway today. Steve Lucas and Robbbie Draughon for their semi final finish. We had 28 drivers enter but only 26 made first round call. Jamie Lucas suffered a transmission loss after second time run which ended his hopes of winning the season championship. Thanks to Auto Plus Service Center and Collision for sponsoring the season finale and to all the racers who make the CCRA possible.

joe huestis 11-16-2014 09:25 PM

Re: CCRA Finale Piedmont Results

Congratulations to Doug on your win and Jeff on your R/U. Great day at Piedmont today ! Can't wait 'til next year !

Tracy Robbins 11-16-2014 09:29 PM

We also need to congratulate Jeff Longhany on his runner up...great job Doug on the win and Steve and Robbie on the semi's! Big thanks to Auto Plus for sponsoring this race along w/ all the others who supported CCRA this season. I will have final points posted tomorrow.

joe collins 11-16-2014 10:33 PM

congratulations to doug&katie hobgood on there win today at piedmont joe and cameron

william langston 11-17-2014 01:18 AM

:)way to go , poochie

Rusty Davenport 11-17-2014 11:40 AM

You know its a highly important congratulations coming from government agencies. The lifetime mayor of Lucama N.C.....the Honorable William Langston.......wooooowww what a congratulations.
Congratulations to Doug Hobgood and H&F associates, the fastest 9/16 in the west !!!!

Rusty Davenport, the Master of Confusion
Nashville N.C.

slowpony 11-17-2014 11:46 AM

Congratulations to Mr. Hobgood for the win. Thanks to all the racers who took time to talk with me yesterday. I hope to be racing with you guys late next season with a Pure Stock Mustang. Special thanks to the family with the Mustang for the information and encouragement! See ya'll next year!
Norman

DRAKE VISCOME 11-17-2014 01:37 PM

:):):) Hey Norman...I think my son Greg and you were "chatting" on-off all day...am/will always help/guide you in every way we can...my son came in from Minneapolis for this race...only wish he was still living in Carolinas'...so we could be more active in CCRA...which in our humble "opinion"...is a great group of racers...better yet...people...we'll do what we can when schedule/air fares "work" in 2015...yesterday was a bit of a emotional day for me (us old guys-get that way)...Donnie Moore jr parked next to us...hadn't seen him,mom,dad(Donnie sr.) in many years...I have very deep regard/respect for the Moores'...always have...been "watchin' 'em" on the internet some...just never in same place at the same time...Donnie sr. and I both cancer survivors...so the longtime Ford "thing"...long marriages...sons' racin'...we have a lil' in common...it was a special day to re-connect...Greg managed some rounds with very little stick-shift experience... saw Joe Huetsis a old "north country" neighbor- way neat too- thanx to all for your hospitality! :):):)Drake p.s. congrats for sure to Doug & Jeff... great job...bad "joses" of the event!

slowpony 11-17-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAKE VISCOME (Post 453141)
:):):) Hey Norman...I think my son Greg and you were "chatting" on-off all day...am/will always help/guide you in every way we can...my son came in from Minneapolis for this race...only wish he was still living in Carolinas'...so we could be more active in CCRA...which in our humble "opinion"...is a great group of racers...better yet...people...we'll do what we can when schedule/air fares "work" in 2015...yesterday was a bit of a emotional day for me (us old guys-get that way)...Donnie Moore jr parked next to us...hadn't seen him,mom,dad(Donnie sr.) in many years...I have very deep regard/respect for the Moores'...always have...been "watchin' 'em" on the internet some...just never in same place at the same time...Donnie sr. and I both cancer survivors...so the longtime Ford "thing"...long marriages...sons' racin'...we have a lil' in common...it was a special day to re-connect...Greg managed some rounds with very little stick-shift experience... saw Joe Huetsis a old "north country" neighbor- way neat too- thanx to all for your hospitality! :):):)Drake p.s. congrats for sure to Doug & Jeff... great job...bad "joses" of the event!

I enjoyed meeting you and your family. Your son was most helpful, I just made a deal for 89 GT for Pure Stock. Thanks to everyone of the CCRA racers that took time to "educate" me. I hope to be racing with you by late 2015.
Norman