CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Handheld LED Work Light suggestions (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=79013)

Shadylane 04-08-2021 09:32 PM

Handheld LED Work Light suggestions

I’m looking for a handheld LED light that I can use at the races for working under the car or under the hood. Magnetic base would be a plus. I already have a 3 foot light, need something smaller for tight spaces.

Kelly Lane
4991 Stk

Greg Hill 04-08-2021 09:35 PM

Re: Handheld LED Work Light suggestions

Try NAPA. I have 2 rechargeable ones with the magnetic holder. They work great.

Maverick 04-09-2021 02:34 AM

Try NEBO. I have bought many of them for the car truck trailer, and one on top of the refrigerator, that my wife has claimed to use when she needs it. Magnetic base. I like the ones that use aa batteries. Bunch of different styles, I like the SLYDE, and one called big Larry, or something like that.

Tom Goldman 04-09-2021 09:55 AM

Harbor Freight has an all metal ,magnetic slim bar folding rechargeable LED light that has held up very well for me under heavy shop use . Battery life is pretty good for the size and the light output is VERY good .
Uses a USB charging cord.
Sold under their Braun name P/N 56329. $35 bucks .I bought 2 on Amazon for $29 each.
Eastwood and others sell the same light for $50 .

Kenny Wigington 04-09-2021 10:38 AM

X2 on Tom's recommendation. I have 2 of those as well. Great light. Only hitch, and its minor, is when you stick the magnetic base to something, the light will go off, but its a simple switch back on.

Jeff Niceswanger 04-09-2021 05:33 PM

https://www.kimballmidwest.com/globa.../28-1810-1.jpg

This is by far the best one out there. You will never need another light. Magnetic, super bright, huge pattern, stays lit for 3 to 4 hours. Everybody that buys one of these never uses a trouble light again. The cover ( has magnets built into it) is made of soft rubber and will not scratch. If the battery is about 15 minutes from expiring, a yellow led will light and warn you. The hook in the pic folds away neatly when not needed, and when used is on a click click type swivel. When you head under a car, this is all you will take. About 125 dollars...and worth every penny.
This is one of the best Christmas gifts I ever received,

Its called a Quantum Leap
Item # 2818101

65signet 04-09-2021 06:00 PM

I really like my Braun LED, it has been very dependable for years now.

SS3860 04-09-2021 09:22 PM

I 2nd the Harbor Freight lights, bought 2 of them always have 1 on charge and have held up well for home shop and race car use.

Dave Gantz 04-10-2021 03:31 AM

Buy one that goes on your head. It frees up both hands. Occasionally, you'll still need to take it off and aim it where you need it, but 90% of the time I find mine to be what I need.
Research lumens vs. watts to determine what is BRIGHT.
There's too much China crap out there for me to say what works.
But I love being able to leave my droplight "abandoned". (For the most part.)
Loading my open trailer after dark is just one of many uses. I even use it to grill after dark.
I kidded my wife, "We could wear these around the house and leave all the other lights out."

Mike Jones 04-10-2021 05:05 PM

I got the Milwaukee cordless for a gift. Can`t remember the last time i charged it. No magnetic base, has a hook. Flex head, bright light, no complaints. I`ll get the model if you need me to.