CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Drag racers stand for the National Anthem (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77453)

John Dinkel 09-27-2020 10:48 AM

Drag racers stand for the National Anthem

It sure is nice to see Drag racers stand for the National Anthem.

Pistol Pete 09-27-2020 12:17 PM

Re: Drag racers stand for the National Anthem

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dinkel (Post 624446)
It sure is nice to see Drag racers stand for the National Anthem.

That’s because Drag Racers are not over payed pu$$___s !!!!

Stan Weiss 09-27-2020 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, Freedom of Choice and Freedom of Expression are what make this country great.

Stan

davidhuff 09-27-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 624452)
Yes, Freedom of Choice and Freedom of Expression are what make this country great.

Stan

I agree 100%,Do you stand for the National Anthem?
I sure do stand for the National Anthem and also I served my country in the United States Navy.

Stan Weiss 09-27-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhuff (Post 624455)
I agree 100%,Do you stand for the National Anthem?
I sure do stand for the National Anthem and also I served my country in the United States Navy.

Yes, I stand for the National Anthem and also I served my country in the United States Army.

But I don't have the problem many here do about someone who does not stand.

Stan

John Brown 09-27-2020 01:44 PM

As someone who fought and bled for this country the National Anthem means something to me. I am disgusted by those who were born in this country and revile the flag and it's anthem.

Superfan1 09-27-2020 02:17 PM

I served this country for 4 years (1967-1971) in the Navy on a nuclear submarine and 2 submarine rescue ships. I stand for the National Anthem, but I strongly support anyone who chooses not to. As has been stated many times going back 4 years to Colin Kapernick; this is not about disrespecting the flag, the United States, or veterans; it is about calling attention to the problems that still exist in this country today. I served this country to preserve our freedoms as Americans and one of those freedoms has always been, and hopefully always will be, freedom of expression.

Jeff Stout 09-27-2020 03:50 PM

I was busy in thought yesterday at track, and out of know where the anthem started. I stopped and looked for flag and seen everyone stopped and hats off. Drag racers know what's what.

Chevy55 09-27-2020 06:37 PM

I served in Vietnam and I'm proud that our Countrymen have the privilege to peacefully protest. IMO if any Right in this Country should be made mandatory it should be the Right to Vote.
We're a Republic that follows the principles of Democracy and that is a very fragile form of Government and voter apathy is a sure way to lose it.

bykr 09-27-2020 07:52 PM

And look what abuses of freedom of expression has led to ,anarchy in the streets. I believe disrespect of the flag and the anthem were the beginnings of our current situation. And things are so much better :confused: