CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What To Do With DNQ FS/XX Cars (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=63436)

Larry Hill 08-27-2016 10:34 PM

What To Do With DNQ FS/XX Cars

If they are fast enough put them in the alternate pool based on fartherest under there "softer" index.

Everyone should enjoy the complete Indy experience, the second guessing of themselves, being on the bubble, and one of the best feelings, that only the chosen few know, is making it through teardown.

Ed Fernandez 08-27-2016 11:42 PM

Re: What To Do With DNQ FS/XX Cars

If they don't qualify send them home, just like the real stockers who don't make the cut.They can stay and watch the rest of the weekend if they like.

Ed Fernandez 08-28-2016 06:04 PM

Crickets

FED 387 08-28-2016 06:20 PM

Yep. Enjoy the trip home

Jim Wahl 08-28-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez (Post 512780)
If they don't qualify send them home, just like the real stockers who don't make the cut.They can stay and watch the rest of the weekend if they like.

Absolutely. That's the way the game is played. Jim

Joseph Teuton 08-28-2016 08:49 PM

I believe if they sign up for the shootout they have accepted the possibllity of not qualifying for the show therefore they should be out. NHRA should look into a 12 or 16 car field in both X and XX.

Mike Fuller 08-28-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph teuton (Post 512857)
i believe if they sign up for the shootout they have accepted the possibllity of not qualifying for the show therefore they should be out. Nhra should look into a 12 or 16 car field in both x and xx.

x2

V M Kauffman 08-28-2016 09:24 PM

Send them home just like if they were the 17th and 18th Qualifer in Pro Stock or Funny Car No different! They wanted to be in the Big Time.

Whalen3186 08-28-2016 11:14 PM

I couldn't agree more with the previous posts. If they choose to run the shootout, then they should only be eligible for the shootout if they're running against the shootout index.

I continue to think the new cars are great for the class but we need fair and consistent rules for everyone. Maybe all of the traditional classes should get 2 tenths of index back at Indy to even things out during qualifying.

Lyn Smith 08-29-2016 08:41 AM

Last year at the St Louis LODS, J Hullinger showed me a email that he received stating that the Sportsmen Racing committee had voted not to change anything about how Stock eliminator is run at Indy(as in all run,or FS cars having their own eliminator).So if you would like to see a change at Indy, I suggest you talk to your Division rep.