CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prayers for Danny Durham (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=57001)

Carguy49 02-25-2015 11:32 PM

Prayers for Danny Durham (Geerhead55)

I visited with Danny today and was given permission to let everyone on here know what is going on with him. He went to the Dr. a short while ago and found he had a blood clot. The resulting surgery found him to have cancer. He has already started treatments and is doing well. For further info on his condition please PM him and he will respond as soon as he can. I will also let him know about the responses on the site. Danny is a big supporter of this site. In fact he was at the 1st Auto Meter Class Nationals last year and got to help announce for awhile. He was the announcer at Bremerton Raceway in Div. 6 for a couple of years and did a great job.

I forgot to say that Danny has been a racer for many years. Getting his start at Puyallup Raceway in the early 70's as I recall. Danny is, most definitely, a BIG Stock and Super Stock advocate. He is a family man, great guy and a friend to MANY.

Lew Silverman 02-25-2015 11:58 PM

Re: Prayers for Danny Durham

Sending Prayers up for Danny's full recovery.

Bob Don 02-26-2015 12:01 AM

Well wishes and prayers for a full recovery.

Gordie Kissner 02-26-2015 12:06 AM

Stay strong Danny...our thoughts and prayers for your full recovery!

killintime6968 02-26-2015 12:07 AM

Get well soon.

Bruce Cameron

DrJRacing 02-26-2015 12:17 AM

Danny, Get well! It may take some time,but prayers are on your side!
Doug and Lydia Jonak

treessavoy 02-26-2015 12:25 AM

Get well soon,

Prayers, JimR

Jack Parris 02-26-2015 12:58 AM

Hang in there Danny, wishing you well my friend!

69Cobra 02-26-2015 01:04 AM

Thoughts and Prayers on a fast and full recovery!

FireSale 02-26-2015 02:02 AM

Danny, do something different and follow the plan set out for you. Cancer is tough, but not unbeatable. Suck it up and do what needs to be done.

All my thoughts and well wishes are with you.

Dale

killer1 02-26-2015 02:08 AM

Danny sending prayers hopeing for a complete recovery !!!!!!!!

Rory McNeil 02-26-2015 02:45 AM

Stay strong and get well Danny. Hope to see you at Bremerton in late May.

Bench Racer 02-26-2015 08:48 AM

Prayers and best wishes sent. Don Jackson

Charlie A 02-26-2015 09:19 AM

Prayers for you sir.

Dwight Southerland 02-26-2015 09:27 AM

Praying for you, too. Miraculous healing!

gcasey 02-26-2015 09:53 AM

We met Danny at the Class Nat'ls last year. Great guy, great stories, great West Coast ambassador. Best wishes for full recovery.

Casey&Warren - W/SA

Myron Piatek 02-26-2015 12:23 PM

Praying for a full recovery and hoping you can make it to the 2nd Autometer Class Nationals!

MAURICE BLENDHEIM 02-26-2015 01:25 PM

Danny… Maintain a positive outlook and keep the people that make you laugh the loudest close to you, it helps. Recover soon, Monroe Swap Meet is coming up and hope to see you there. Better days ahead… Prayers from Maurice.

Mike Bassin 02-26-2015 02:21 PM

Got the pleasure of meeting Danny last year at the Autometer Class Nationals. Always like to encourage guests to the announcer's booth and Danny and friends came to visit.
Danny took a turn on the mike and did a fine job and we got to hang out a couple of times during the weekend. We have a big supporter of Stock / Super Stock in Danny Durham-- hoping for a fast and full recovery for Danny!

Mike Bassin

Superfan1 02-26-2015 06:35 PM

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Danny last year at the Autometer Class Nationals. Like me, he is a hardcore Stock and Super Stock fan and supporter, he is a great contributor to this site; and, most importantly he is a real nice guy. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and full recovery from Bill and Libby Seabrooks.

Bob Bender 02-26-2015 07:09 PM

Prayers sent. Get well soon.

Ed Carpenter 02-26-2015 08:51 PM

Get better soon Danny!

Frank Castros 02-26-2015 08:56 PM

Stay positive, believe in yourself and your family and you will be fine.

Dale Hulquist 02-26-2015 09:27 PM

Praying for a speedy recovery, keep smiling it makes people wonder what your thinking.

Tand E racing 02-26-2015 10:43 PM

Get well soon Danny!

Larry Hill 02-27-2015 10:50 AM

Thoughts and prayers for your quick recovery!

Larry and Patsy

Dave Turner 02-27-2015 11:31 AM

Danny, fight hard and keep your faith strong...my wife is a cancer survivor - we believe in positive outcomes!!

bigshow2966 02-27-2015 01:23 PM

Prayers for a full recovery!

Stephen & Horace Johnson 02-27-2015 01:34 PM

Prayers and speedy recovery from the Johnson Family

brent flynn 02-27-2015 09:45 PM

Get Well Danny! Lookin' forward to meeting you at the track this season...

Ronnie Smith Jr 02-27-2015 09:45 PM

Get well soon Danny. The Chevy II's need your attention

Jerry Terry 02-28-2015 03:12 PM

Prayers and lots of Faith are coming your way for a speedy recovery Danny. Just ask he will listen to you. God Bless
Jerry & Patty

Geerhead55 03-11-2015 03:31 PM

Thank you all,, for the kind words, well wishes and prayers,,, it is much appreciated. Thank you Ron, also for getting the word out, and for stopping by with all the memorabilia and photos, it was fun going through it.
What amazes me about this whole adventure I'm now on, is how quickly I went from being a walking, talking, working and functioning member of society, to basically bedridden in about 48 hours! I got up to go to work on a Thursday morning and my left leg was blown up like a tree stump, so I went to my Dr. to get it checked out, and he sent me directly to the hospital across the street. There they found the suspected blood clot, just above my left thigh, below the intersection of arteries and veins in the pelvic area. I went through 4 procedures where tubes and lines are inserted behind the kneecaps to address the clots, one of which a Dr. said was the biggest he'd ever seen on someone still alive! After a couple days of treatment, I awoke on a Sunday with a lot of pain and now a blown up right leg, which told me the clot had moved north above that intersection and had shut down my right side also.
A CT Scan was ordered on my upper body and that was when a mass showed up around my right kidney, a portion of my liver and my lower lung,, ball game changed!
I had surgery that following Tuesday, and more cancer was found than was apparent before,, with too much inflammation and scarring around the organs to continue.
So, I was closed back up and came home after a month, and we're attacking this monster through other means. I've had 3 treatments so far, am feeling well and getting around, with a walker, slowly, since we still are fighting clots and the swelling
below my waist. I'm certainly going to fight this all the way through,, and yes, I'm hoping to get back behind the wheel sometime this season. My son continued with the upgrades we'd started on my Nova last fall, before all this happened and its nearly done. I thank him for his hard work and what hes done,, I just wish I could've been there with him as originally planned.
I hope to get out there and see many of my classracer.com friends this year, whether in the stands, the staging lanes or perhaps across the water box,, I look forward to it.
Thanks again so much for your prayers and kindness.........
Danny Durham

Jim Parsons 03-11-2015 09:43 PM

Danny,
Keep your chin up pal and think how much fun that Nova is going to be when you do get behind the wheel.

Harmon & Parsons
F/S 5305

FireSale 03-12-2015 01:59 AM

Stick with the plan, Danny. As all racers know, hard work (and skinned knuckles) eventually pay off.

Dale

Sean Gaffney 03-12-2015 12:56 PM

Mr. Durham, thoughts and prayers from my family and I, wishing you a speedy recovery as well. It was a pleasure meeting you last year in Columbus for the Class Nationals can't wait to see that Nova in action so keep up the good fight.