CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Boys of Bonneville Movie Trailer (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=33175)

cad 05-03-2011 08:22 AM

Boys of Bonneville Movie Trailer

Enjoy--
http://vimeo.com/21066666

Clark

Curmudgeon 05-03-2011 10:57 AM

Re: Boys of Bonneville Movie Trailer

Have been fascinated by Bonneville and dry lakes since childhood , would like to see movie.

Mike Brogniez 05-03-2011 01:06 PM

Its on my bucket list to go there............
MB

Greg Hill 05-03-2011 06:25 PM

D 3 stock racer Bob Linley is a regular at Bonnieville with an S-10 truck. I think Bob has been 200.

Phil Veldheer Racing 05-05-2011 06:30 PM

If Bob Linley sees this, please email me at 455@i2k.com

I am slowly putting together a 99 Z28 for BONNEVILLE in three years. More than half way built. Parsons and Myers Powered.

The day after the IHRA Nitro Jam at US 131, Aug 12 and 13th I am flying to Salt Lake City and grabbing a rental car to go to Wendover, Utah for the first time.....have always wanted to go, but finally making the time this year.

If any other drag racers are going please email me. thanks

Phil

Paul Merolla 05-06-2011 08:47 AM

Land speed racing is heavily populated with ex drag racers...and, since there is no money to be won, nowhere near as much bitching! It's well suited to the "mechanically minded" type of class racer, as opposed to the "hot shoe" bracket racer type. A trip to Bonneville is a definite must-do for any hot rodder, in my opinion.

Bret Kepner 05-09-2011 01:19 PM

While there are a lot of past and current drag racers on the salt, the sport of Land Speed Racing encompasses a much broader spectrum of racing enthusiasts. It is a unique form of competition and, because it's racing, there is plenty of complaining and rules discussion but a much greater ability by racers and officials, (than in drag racing), to work together for the betterment of the sport.

It's important to remember racing at Bonneville isn't "long drag racing". In fact, drag racing is "short Bonneville" racing. It's equally important to remember which came first.

As a twenty-eight year veteran of Bonneville, (and that makes me a ROOKIE on the salt), I've always had a standing offer to any of my drag racing friends to visit me at the Long Course TimeSlip Station and I'll give you a tour.

The majority of those "ex-drag racers" left the quarter-mile sport forty years ago, (or more), and initial attempts on the salt by modern drag racers are usually massive failures since virtually none of drag racing's science or data applies.

All drag racers make it a "bucket list" item but hardly any of them ever bothers to show up. For all but a few, the "bucket" comes much quicker than Bonneville.

Paul Merolla 05-09-2011 02:28 PM

Bret -
I wasn't trying to say LSR is "Long drag racing" at all. Just a comment about the fact that, according to a conversation I had 2 years ago with Dan Warner over a beer in the pits, a lot of drag racers have made the switch to LSR...partially because, according to Dan, "there's no money to win".

Bret Kepner 05-09-2011 08:09 PM

I never said you said what you said you didn't say, Paul.

Drag racing folks would be surprised which current NHRA racers do run at Bonneville. Here's a trivia question. Name the guy you ALL should know who has a single-turbocharged V6-powered factory-bodied Pontiac Firebird GTA, (no body modifications), with power windows and a full interior who has clocked...

...303 miles per hour.

Paul Merolla 05-09-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bret Kepner (Post 257614)
I never said you said what you said you didn't say.

No, YOU do!! :cool: