CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Baptism by Nitro (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=56648)

skills 01-30-2015 12:12 PM

Baptism by Nitro

I understand this is stock/super stock but we are all effected by what the big wigs do. Has everybody watched the little advertising idea now? So what do you think? Why not fix the crappy tv coverage first then straighten out the fuel cars and go back to quarter mile. I will bring newbies all day but give me some help here. The tv shows suck and stop making it seem like the only thing happening is fuel cars.

FireSale 01-30-2015 02:04 PM

Re: Baptism by Nitro

"You gotta come out and see this! It wrecks your hearing and shatters your nerves!!!

In the 60s I helped a bunch of guys (2 of them) who had a Chevy fueler. Rode the push car, wiped the tires and watched it smoke a Milan track record 204 from the line. Had a bandana and two fingers. Went to the NorthWest Nationals in 2013 after decades away from the sport with top quality hearing protection. Got caught with my muffs down for the first pair of fuel burnouts and almost fell on my butt. TF is seriously out of hand. It's not entertainment or competition.

Dale

Kevin Panzino 01-30-2015 03:34 PM

I happen to think it is a very clever concept. I used to love taking friends who never saw fuel cars live, even better nascar friends, to the national events. I would just look at them for the first pass, not even look at the cars. It was hysterical to see their reactions.

Nitro Joe Jackson 01-31-2015 12:53 AM

gosh I thought it was a post that I had done something positive, lol
;)

FireSale 01-31-2015 11:56 AM

Nitro Brings Order to Chaos!

Happy, Joe? ;)

Thanks for all the stat work.

Dale

John Kissel 01-31-2015 12:32 PM

Lastnight on Autoweek's site, there was a listing of the new fines and punshments for fuel cars that break stuff and blow things up. It seems "no hotrods allowed" is upset about timing of events and how it effects t.v. coverage.I thought it was supposed to be racing, ya' know stuff breaks,not polo. Since it's not 1965 anymore and there aren't but barely enough cars to have a 16 car show, just what do they want, a slow clean 5.30 show? By they way, who was it that about 12-15 years ago would have a yellow/green fog in the pits when he was warming up a fuel motor. He has passed on, but the stuff ran hard.Clayton Harris maybe?? John Kissel

Nitro63 01-31-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Joe Jackson (Post 460374)
gosh I thought it was a post that I had done something positive, lol
;)

LOL , same here i was like ok what did i do ?