CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BG out of business (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=31609)

Larry Curtis 02-18-2011 05:03 PM

BG out of business

Got this off of Moparts,

This is off the Barry Grant facebook page..

"Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations after 26 years of business. As of today February 18th, 2011 twelve noon we have closed all operations at our main plant and all subsidiary locations. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support."

63corvette 02-18-2011 05:17 PM

Re: BG out of business

The way their customer service was it surprises me it lasted this long.
A couple of years ago I tried to get someone to talk to there for a week or so and no one would ever return a call. After that I purchased a new Aeromotive pump and regulator system and junked the BG.
My 2 Cents
Rick Cates

Ed Wright 02-18-2011 05:51 PM

I'm not surprised.

Ed Carpenter 02-18-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Curtis (Post 240809)
Got this off of Moparts,

This is off the Barry Grant facebook page..

"Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations after 26 years of business. As of today February 18th, 2011 twelve noon we have closed all operations at our main plant and all subsidiary locations. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support."

Good their pump I have is junk

johnny shot 02-18-2011 11:48 PM

I feel bad for his employees. I formed my opinion of BG years ago at Indy. We were in a suite watching Pro Stock qualifying and one of them went on it's lid. BG remarked something to the effect of "that's what he gets for not running my stuff". Real concern for his fellow racer. Well BG, this is what you get for nobody running your stuff.

Ed Wright 02-19-2011 09:34 AM

BG was the only Pro Stock car running his stuff. That Pro Stock Challenge deal he sponsored for a while was not contingent on running his carbs, or there would not have been anybody qualified. He kept trying to make a set for Mike Edwards that would pick him up, they always slowed him down. Don't know anybody that likes his pumps either.

bigshow2966 02-19-2011 09:48 AM

I saw enough other people buy his stuff and have issues. I didn't need to buy problems, I make enough of my own.

mopacltd 02-19-2011 03:22 PM

Always bad to see anyone race related going out of business.

tpoh815 02-19-2011 04:18 PM

Yes if you are a good upstanding Contingent sponsor. Not when you are supposed to get paid and dont! Having a sub- par product wont help much either!

mopacltd 02-19-2011 04:32 PM

Agree with you there!