CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   basic delay box (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58738)

Maverick 07-11-2015 08:36 PM

basic delay box

I am doing some research for a single function delay box that will delay the signal to trigger the launch. I don't need a throttle controller, or a SLE. Just a delay box that you can change the delay quickly, and I don't need bump up on bump down and no crossover function. I don't know how the signal for the trans brake works whether it is a high signal or a low signal. It would be nice if I could have the input and output, to be active hi or active low in or out, in other words selectable. This is of course not for a trans brake car. Just doing the research, and I really don't know if it will work in my application. SteveWilliams

Maverick 07-12-2015 04:35 PM

Re: basic delay box

Calling biondo Monday

gnicholson 09-03-2015 10:01 PM

I have a dedenbear rt6 you could try

Maverick 09-08-2015 04:03 PM

Thanks, but after talking with Biondo, the basic box won't work the way I want. The basic box takes a high to trigger a high out. All my stuff is low to trigger. Over the winter I will contemplate it some more

voltdr 09-08-2015 06:47 PM

You can always use the high output of the delay box to trigger a relay and have the relay pass the low signal through it.
Dan

gnicholson 09-15-2015 05:00 PM

I don't understand that. It will switch whatever you input into it like a relay

voltdr 09-15-2015 10:20 PM

If you need the output of the box to be neg (gnd), you run the neg through the NO contacts (to control what you want) and apply neg to one side of the coil on the relay and use the 12V output from the delay box to trigger the relay to send your gnd where ever you want it.
Dan

Maverick 09-15-2015 10:39 PM

First off, I not sure you are asking me, or the other person who asked the question. But you did say something that I wanted to hear. And that is you can have a active low out of the delay box, or a active high out of the delay box, depending on what box you have. I called biondo, and the guy I talked to say 12 volt to activate the 12 volts out. He stated all delay boxes were this way. That is when I gave up on it for a while. We have met before at Indy a few years back, and my car is not the norm. I don't have a trans brake, I have a clutch and run S/G. If you know the box that you can change the output to ground and have 12 volts to the coil, I would appreciate the info. All the stuff on my car is hot on the coil side and it take a ground to activate it. Adding a relay is OK, but I am trying just to use a box. I might use a SSR because of no moving parts. But it is just more stuff.

voltdr 09-17-2015 06:12 PM

Steve,
I do remember you and your Lenco. LOL. I was think about the Biono boxes changing the output from NC to NO for the throttle stop control timers. The relay is very very simple to connect.
Dan