CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   3 year flexplate rule (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86754)

Bill Bogues 02-13-2024 12:07 AM

3 year flexplate rule

When did the three year flexplate rule for stock eliminaator come up. Looks to me like they should have put it in the stock section of the rule book instead of a chart at the back of the book.'

1legjerry 02-13-2024 12:31 PM

Re: 3 year flexplate rule

Discussed here

https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...hlight=Meziere

MR DERBY CITY 02-13-2024 01:31 PM

As Rick Winchester stated months ago,a knee jerk reaction to something that rarely happens. We are RACING and Racing can be dangerous. :);)

prostockpete1 02-13-2024 02:23 PM

Are we to expect all speed warehouses to keep their flexplate inventories having fresh dated wheels .. dont need to be buying a flexplate thats been sittin on a shelf that does not give me a full 3 year expiry .. we go thu that full expiry deal when buying seat belts also ... is nhra tech going to start crawling under cars with their flashlight looking at SFI dated tags ?

Adger Smith 02-13-2024 02:41 PM

Oops

Mike Pearson 02-13-2024 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostockpete1 (Post 693517)
Are we to expect all speed warehouses to keep their flexplate inventories having fresh dated wheels .. dont need to be buying a flexplate thats been sittin on a shelf that does not give me a full 3 year expiry .. we go thu that full expiry deal when buying seat belts also ... is nhra tech going to start crawling under cars with their flashlight looking at SFI dated tags ?

I guess we will find out this weekend at Orlando. This will be the first race since the rule change. My guess they might do some spot checks. I took pictures on my phone of all my SFI tags for the flexplate, bell housing and shield when I was installing them. Nothing new for me as I have had to have all of that stuff for many years.
One year at Gainesville many years ago they did check the flexplates on every car.

Mike Pearson 02-13-2024 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostockpete1 (Post 693517)

If you buy direct from the manufacturer you should get a current date tag. They probably put them on as they sell them. I just bought an ATI and it had a current date on the tag

prostockpete1 02-13-2024 03:01 PM

Yes Mike dealing with a manufacturer direct I think their parts pickers would be aware of expiry tags but a big speed warehouse parts picker mite not be aware of fresh dated inventory .. to them its just a part # on a box

JP1738 02-13-2024 03:33 PM

Last flex plate I ordered from Summit was dated three months prior to when I ordered it/it arrived. Lame and gay.

Rob Petrie E395 02-13-2024 04:10 PM

I guess I’m lucky. I just ordered belts from Simpson through Holley. And I got a couple extra months on my expiration. Not to side track. But I can sorta see on belts and flexplates a little. They gotta have a one size fits all rule. And most of us keep our cars inside and they travel in an enclosed trailer. But what about the guy whose car sits outside with the windows down. (Yes it happens) you gotta have a rule that covers that guy too. As for the flexplate. You got one guy that races like crazy several nights a week and goes rounds. vs guys who’s flexplate could last forever because they only race once or twice a year. Gotta have a rule that covers both. Because we have gotten away from personal responsibility and into suing everybody when something happens. But where I think it’s nuts is transmission shields and flywheel shields. How does a piece of aluminum or steel just go bad. Because it was bolted on the car. Unless something gernades how can that ever be damaged or worn out? Now that’s a waste of money. But it keeps the contingency sponsors in business so I guess it’s not all bad.