CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mopar tq rebuild (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70475)

House of Darts 07-21-2018 04:40 PM

Mopar tq rebuild

How do you like to rebuild, stock parts/strip kit or revamp with Holley jets?

John Dinkel 07-23-2018 12:48 PM

Re: Mopar tq rebuild

I would use stock parts.

Demon340 07-23-2018 02:38 PM

I think your fishing for an easy answer. I would say, spend the money (three hundred plus dollars each) and have good builder do three carbs for you. then you can compare the carbs back to back. I could tell you which one picked my car up a tenth, but that would give you our answer. Spend the dollars and do some research on your combination.

Ed Wright 07-23-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon340 (Post 568064)
I think your fishing for an easy answer. I would say, spend the money (three hundred plus dollars each) and have good builder do three carbs for you. then you can compare the carbs back to back. I could tell you which one picked my car up a tenth, but that would give you our answer. Spend the dollars and do some research on your combination.

Why would you not want to give him the answer, and maybe save him $600.00? You could pm him to not offend anybody.

cyclonebfx 07-23-2018 10:39 PM

I'm sure others might be more willing to share but there are two reasons not to just give an answer. First when it costs you that or more, you aren't very willing to just give that info out. Second and more importantly like was mentioned, you need to try different setups on your combo. One size does not fit all especially at varying elevations because I can guarantee they will behave differently.

jmcarter 07-23-2018 10:42 PM

What Ed said....but know that you may have to try more than one to get the best. They simply do not all perform the same even with same Holley jets or the rods. Have used both VanLant and Wahl with success.

Coleydog 07-24-2018 12:15 AM

A shame but what they're saying, learn to do it yourself or have a big wallet.
Mike

GallopinGhost 07-24-2018 06:46 AM

What exactly are you suggesting ? 1 builder do the same model carb 3 different ways, or use 3 different builders ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon340 (Post 568064)

Hacksaw 07-24-2018 08:23 AM

Carb builders get comfortable with their own setup and it's unlikely they would build the same style carb 3 different ways. IMO you should gather info and order one built to suit your combo from " the brand name guy " then later after your making laps you can try another one, then another one, and then............

GallopinGhost 07-24-2018 09:31 AM

That makes sense. It would be cool to see dyno testing using different center bodies(thinking holleys here) and the same mods. Probably classified info though :cool: