CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   1.40 under index HP adjustments (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=11117)

fredjohnston 05-29-2008 01:37 PM

1.40 under index HP adjustments

Didn't the Shelby of Adkins go 1.40 under the index at Maple Grove last weekend? I'm just wondering why the new HP isn't posted somewhere on the NHRA/Lucas Page.

Does this also change the factor for this combo?

Have I just been missing it or, has NHRA quit posting the HP/Index changes after a run of 1.40 under the index?

Big Blue Oval fan here.

Dusty Lowell 05-29-2008 01:58 PM

Re: 1.40 under index HP adjustments

Goto the Classification guide the 428 / 355 (stick only) combo is now rated at 370. Double check that because i am at work and cant get the guide to load here. But i know they updated it on Monday. The new adjustment is in yellow. later

Jim Wahl 05-29-2008 02:35 PM

Dusty, I haven't looked but they normally are posted on the the Lucas site the Wednesday following the weekend the run occurred. It should also be in the classification guide by now. Jim

hadtobethere 05-29-2008 06:27 PM

WOW...go 1.40 under and get 3 HP....if you have a GM and go 1.20 under, you get 5 HP.....my math

Stevie Ficacci 05-29-2008 06:28 PM

he got 12

hadtobethere 05-29-2008 06:58 PM

sorry, I stand corrected.....thought the old Stick HP was same as the Auto...just goes to show how screwed up the horsepower factors are.

Lower the 30 year old index...say .30 - .50 and lets get back to class racing, the way it should be...........

Tony Janes 05-30-2008 12:17 PM

Hadtobethere, your reason for lowering the indexes is what? Now give a good reason not an agenda

hadtobethere 05-30-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Janes (Post 70799)
Hadtobethere, your reason for lowering the indexes is what? Now give a good reason not an agenda

Tony, I thought it was very clear....the indexes are 30 years old, it is time to get real and put racing back into Stock/SS. If you can't run at least .20 to .30 under, you need to either re-think about changing your sport or get to work. No one is forced to run any combo that could never run .20 to .30 under....and no one said that drag racing was a cheap sport to get into.....so, if class racing is a bit hard or expensive, start with bracket racing at the local track and decide where, how, and why....many class racers started that way. Class racing (Stock/SS) was always performance rewarded and it needs to return to exactly that.

Mike Carr 05-30-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadtobethere (Post 70807)
Tony, I thought it was very clear....the indexes are 30 years old, it is time to get real and put racing back into Stock/SS. If you can't run at least .20 to .30 under, you need to either re-think about changing your sport or get to work. No one is forced to run any combo that could never run .20 to .30 under....and no one said that drag racing was a cheap sport to get into.....so, if class racing is a bit hard or expensive, start with bracket racing at the local track and decide where, how, and why....many class racers started that way. Class racing (Stock/SS) was always performance rewarded and it needs to return to exactly that.

Amen. Best post I have read in quite a while.

Bobby DiDomenico 05-30-2008 01:29 PM

Rather than changing the indexes,

What if they just starting giving head starts off of them rather than allowing Dial Ins and the first one to the stripe wins? Would be a lot simpler right? And give every round that heads-up feel!

But I bet the car counts would drop even faster than they will with $8.00 a gallon diesel.