CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   All Star Racing Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   new member (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=19324)

TOM KASCH 07-28-2009 07:32 PM

I had a friend get me your t-shirt, so I'm a unoffical member.
Wish i could race again with you guys...

I LOVE YOU ALL !!!

Think of me on your way home after a lost, I didn't quit !
Next Time I'll WIN !

Keep me in your prayers , as I'm undergoing radition for prostate cancer.......

TOM KASCH 07-28-2009 07:42 PM

Re: new member

1 Attachment(s)
Our restored 68 Camaro 396-325 at Norwalk 2008 wcs race.
that we raced from 1972- till after the 75 winternationls, when we put the drive train in a 69 for ss-ha, as the 68 had to run ss/ga.

We now go to cruisein with it.

Mike Brogniez 07-28-2009 08:02 PM

Nice car Tom.
Wishing you the best through the times ahead.

FED 387 07-28-2009 08:25 PM

good luck on your treatments--I am currently recovering frm Prostrate cancer surgery--I had mine removed by the DaVinci Laproscopical robotical method on 6/10 and got the all clear to resume my normal activities on 8/1-- I chose not to do the radiation seeds or the radiation treatments because my Dr & I thought that total removal was the best option for me---Comp 387

X-TECH MAN 07-29-2009 09:28 AM

My best wishes and prayers to both Tom and Comp 387. At times life seems so unfair.

FED 387 07-29-2009 11:27 AM

x tech man thanks for your thought!!!! It's rather ironic I went in for my every other year physical to renew my NHRA license in 2006 and I always get a "complete" physical above and beyond what NHRA requires on the license app ---my PSA was 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it normally is 3.4-3.6 has been for 20 years--Dr suggested I go see a Urologist so I go down and he does the digital exam nothing makes the appt for a week to do the biopsy and everything is OK--I go in every 90 days for the PSA blood sample and the digital exam , everything is ok I went back in in Dec 2008 for my racing physical and got my PSA tested it is still OK--3.4-3.6---go back in for my 90 day check up at the Urologist in late Feb 09 my PSA is now 9.5-- a week and a 1/2 later-did another biopsy comes back POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MALIGNANT CANCAR CELLS ---does another blood draw same day as the biopsy my PSA had dropped to 5.4---so we talked it over and decided on a course of treatment---LUCKILY/FORTUNATELY whatever I caught it VERY VERY early ---Dr. feels that I am 97-99% cancer free at this time however I will get another PSA blood test in Sept it should come back 0 or very close to 0 otherwise I "might" need a dose or 2 of radiation to eradicate any remaining problem cancer cells---GUYS GO GET CHECKED OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT PUT IT OFF IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU--IT HAPPENED TO ME AND I AM THE FIRST TO SAY THAT I WAS THE LAST PERSON TO EVER THINK OTHERWISE---Dick Ullrich Comp 387

TOM KASCH 07-30-2009 12:25 PM

In my V.A. 6 month check up last Feb. mine PSA had done up to 6.9 from being in the 5 range for 1 1/2 yrs. This time a Male Dr sent for a biopsy at the V.A. hospital. It came back 10 out of 12 had cancer.
They wanted to remove it ,but after learning of the after effects, I went to the Cancer hospital here in Toledo and that Dr said he thought I could have Radition with out so many after effects. So that's i choose, i go 5 days a week for 8 weeks, it takes bout 45 mins with 20 shots of radition each day..........I'm just done with my 3nd week......

When i found out I tryed to put a post to tell others to get tested, but it was taken down.

A family Dr can get the pSA test for you, it's a blood test that every man over 35 should have every year GO DO IT !