CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=26978)

chris3racing 07-11-2010 09:15 PM

Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Looked at the stands last night "during the Pro qualifying and very few people after about the 100 foot mark. Haven't seen today want be on until 11:30 pm. Another driver killed and the Pro Stock cars refused to run on an unprepped track. How much longer?

blkjack 07-11-2010 09:55 PM

Re: Looks like NHRA had a bad week-end

Maybe IHRA has the right idea for the "Pro Show".:o..time will tell

Ed Fernandez 07-11-2010 11:15 PM

Besides this TAD issue it seems the Pro Stock guys are getting fed up with "Dim" Light and Co.Krishner said maybe it's time for the Pro Stock drivers need Larry Morgan buttons that say "You can't fix stupid".
Just saw WJ's tirade to Gary Jerrold.He's my hero.
Quote WJ: "It'll fall on deaf ears.All they want is those fuel cars".Exit stage left.I wish Larry Morgan was interviewed.

X-TECH MAN 07-12-2010 06:53 AM

Maybe if enough fuel and alcohol cars get crashed there wont be enough left to oil down the tracks and the Pro Stock class will be the new "super Stars" of NHRA and the sportsman racers will be able to take up the slack for a show for the fans. I have my fingers crossed !

Hokes Racing 07-12-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 197645)
Maybe if enough fuel and alcohol cars get crashed there wont be enough left to oil down the tracks and the Pro Stock class will be the new "super Stars" of NHRA and the sportsman racers will be able to take up the slack for a show for the fans. I have my fingers crossed !

very poor post 2 drivers were killed in the last 2 crashes

buzzinhalfdozen 07-12-2010 08:41 AM

Though tragic it seems on the surface that alot of these Alcohol teams are nothing more than a few freinds that throw together to feild a "semi" pro car. While I'm sure alot of the teams are in fact on top of every aspect of their operation, it would seem likely for more things to be overlooked given the lack of qualifications I'm sure some team members posess. Not trying to knock these guys just making an observation.Joe

X-TECH MAN 07-12-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hokes Racing (Post 197673)
very poor post 2 drivers were killed in the last 2 crashes

I didnt say anything about killing anyone "D.H."....just get rid of enough of those types of cars.

Alan Roehrich 07-12-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen (Post 197674)
Though tragic it seems on the surface that alot of these Alcohol teams are nothing more than a few freinds that throw together to feild a "semi" pro car. While I'm sure alot of the teams are in fact on top of every aspect of their operation, it would seem likely for more things to be overlooked given the lack of qualifications I'm sure some team members posess. Not trying to knock these guys just making an observation.Joe

Yeah, but NHRA is not properly policing the class, or they wouldn't have that many catastrophic failures. If Stock and/or Super Stock had that many failures of that nature they'd be on us like white on rice.

buzzinhalfdozen 07-12-2010 10:00 AM

Alan, I agree 100%, Though not as fast S/SS cars are potentially just as dangerous. Seems like not too long ago someone went long in a car and went in a lake or pond of some sorts can't remember if it was a Stock or SS car. As with any thing there is always a danger of something going wrong, I'm just wondering if some of these teams are really up to the task of properly fielding these cars. I hate to hear of anyone getting hurt or killed as it puts our sport in a bad lite. My thoughts are with their friends and family. Joe

Jack Matyas 07-12-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 197645)

Written in very poor taste .........there will never be a good reason to see cars crash ! ! ! Shame on you ...............