CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What Roller Rockers to use? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=37124)

Todd Hoven 11-09-2011 10:59 PM

What Roller Rockers to use?

Now that it looks like we are going to be able to run roller rockers next year, what ones do you guys like? I see Harland Sharp makes a lightweight aluminum rocker. I know Crane Gold race rockers were the standard of the industry. I've never bought a set in my life. What do you guys think?

Ed Fernandez 11-10-2011 01:09 AM

Re: What Roller Rockers to use?

Hey Todd,the Chinese will have a new rocker on the market next week.They've been in talks with NHRA about this for weeks now.Saw it on Fox News.:>):>):>)

greg fulk 11-10-2011 03:29 AM

Todd Those are the two best & the ones to go with..... I have Crane gold on my Street/Strip Camaro. I also run griddles as it turns about 3500 out on the 4-lane!

brent flynn 11-10-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Hoven (Post 292618)
Now that it looks like we are going to be able to run roller rockers next year, what ones do you guys like? I see Harland Sharp makes a lightweight aluminum rocker. I know Crane Gold race rockers were the standard of the industry. I've never bought a set in my life. What do you guys think?

I have a set of Harland SHarps on my bracket engine... was not plannin on runnin rollers...but i guess i will NOW! hehe... they work very well... and the quality is very good ....and they are priced fair...i bought mine in the late '90s and still goin strong...of course, ive only been runnin 125lbs closed on them... :)

jim powers 11-10-2011 01:59 PM

if and when the ruling comes out in wrting allowing roller rockers i would imagine that they would specify a steel roller rocker, not an aluminum rocker,at least the steel rocker would have a hint of originalty, but until we see in the rulebook who knows??

Adam Strang 11-10-2011 06:59 PM

Todd, you might want to wait to see it in writing before you buy anything.I was told it`s not going to happen.

Phil Veldheer Racing 11-10-2011 06:59 PM

I use and recommend Harland Sharp Roller Rockers. They are made in the USA by a great family. I installed Harland Sharp Roller rockers on my stocker when US 131 switched to IHRA several years ago and roller rockers are legal in stock at IHRA. Roller rockers will not give you horsepower, they will give you durabilty. The last year US 131 was NHRA I entered a weekly bracket race with my stocker and was nearing the final rounds when a pushrod went through my NITRO Carb stock type rocker and that cost me several hundred dollars. I had three sets of the new NITRO rockers and happily sold them on www.classracer.com when US 131 switched santioning bodies. I have the same set of Harland Sharp roller rockers today and they will be cheaper in the LONG run for many racers.
I just had HARLAND SHARP build a shaft rocker system for the car I want to take to Bonneville. They did a great job and you can see the Harland Sharp family at assorted races in the Midwest.

Phil

Monte Howard 11-10-2011 11:41 PM

I bought comp cams gold aluminum rockers for the Pontiac and they are a very nice piece.
The cranes you have to grind on to clear the springs (super stock springs) the comp cams I didn't have to grind, the ratios were better on the comps also.

greg fulk 11-11-2011 03:11 AM

I will have to say that on my Camaro it has the Big Block style springs (old school bracket small block) & the Crane Gold rocker arm have been....modified to clear ;)

Todd Hoven 11-11-2011 10:08 AM

Hey Adam, I wouldn't buy anything untill it's official. Just starting some conversation . The guys out west call it done. We will have to see.