CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Ground up build Chevelle (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=60143)

stocker396 11-07-2015 12:55 AM

Ground up build Chevelle

4 Attachment(s)
To start off i want to say this is NOT a "dime rocket"no insult intended (these seem to be popular of late) They are not my style. I also wanted to wait until I had enough done before I posted so this did not drag out for the 2 years I have into this build.
I first want to say THANK YOU to a few who were influential in this build: Rusty Hall, Angelo Phillips, Jack Foshee,the Howard Brothers Stopher & Matt,Steven Hall,Curtis Jenkins, and others I may have forgot.

With that lets get started on this: My 1966 Chevelle 396/325 I bought in 1988 for $900.00 and drove home rust free AZ car...let the tear down begin...

stocker396 11-07-2015 12:58 AM

Re: Ground up build Chevelle

4 Attachment(s)
Full blown frame off... This was a running car when we started....We chassis dynoed it first with a stone stock original engine, with heavy TRW's and an off the shelf cam....

stocker396 11-07-2015 01:00 AM

7 Attachment(s)
as You can see...good clean fun...

stocker396 11-07-2015 01:06 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Off to the sandblaster and the start of body work. I removed EVERYTHING from the body...seamsealer,under coat etc. Bare metal blank Canvas.

stocker396 11-07-2015 01:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
After sending the body to get powder coated ( I did not get a picture of it after that was done it was off to "Deluxe" to get it straightened out. Also pictures of the frame before, after we boxed it it, and reinforced it for the roll bar.

stocker396 11-07-2015 01:19 AM

6 Attachment(s)
The Frame is back from powder coat and things are getting ready to get pretty....

stocker396 11-07-2015 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The color of choice has been selected. The original owner of the car made me promise to "never paint it some gaudy awful color or put silly flames on it" LOL. Factory Mist Blue Metallic....unfortunately VERY expensive.. to be continued......

stocker396 11-07-2015 11:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
After the frame came back it was time to put on some pretty stuff.
Went with ALL Strange Engineering components. 12 bolt (all Lite) Front and Rear 4 piston disc brake system. Global West bushings, Spohn Rear Arms and Anti Roll-Anti Sway Bar. moroso Trick springs (to start) QA1 Stocker Stars out back and CE' up front. This will be the start point as I am sure I some stuff will change later.

stocker396 11-07-2015 11:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Now this is the Base Coat. Its weird how the lights affect it with out clear on it.

stocker396 11-07-2015 11:47 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Now its Shiny again! Special Thanks to the Howard Brothers for this part! Stopher and Matt put alot of work and detail into this for me. They normally work on only high end european stuff.In these photos you can really see the contrast between the powder coat silver and the blue paint