CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Winternationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65209)

Ken Miele 02-08-2017 03:33 PM

"Live From" Winternationals

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm not exactly live from, but I do have one of our new reporters at the Winternationals. Timothy Fletcher will be sending me photos and info when he can. Timothy is driving at this race, so we will try to get them out in a timely manner. I am hoping Bob Gullet jumps on board with updates as well. Look for Timothy to do some live streaming on the Class Racer facebook. I will give everyone a heads up on when, so stay tuned to this thread.

As you can see from the photos its cloudy and damp. Temps are in the mid 60's as of this morning. Word is things are moving slowly to get parked, but no reason why.

I hope to have more info later

Ken Miele 02-08-2017 07:11 PM

Re: "Live From" Winternationals

9 Attachment(s)
We did find a few cars out today, and there was no tech line, just racers picking up their credentials. Looks like we will have another reporter at the track. Most Class Racer regulars know Mike Delahanty and the great reports and photos he brings. Looking forward to his reports, and he might even jump in on bringing us some live streams.

Tom O 02-08-2017 07:20 PM

Ken,Tim & any other reporters this weekend, thanks for all you do. A So Cal Stk/SS drag racing fix is just what the doctor ordered! With 14" & wind gusts to 60 mph, Here in the Northeast tommorrow it's greatly appreciated.

The Hawk 02-08-2017 07:33 PM

Very cool to see at least three cars hauled to the track in the open air!

doglover44 02-08-2017 07:47 PM

Thanks to all who will help with the reports very much appreciated

GarysZ24 02-08-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk (Post 526335)

X's 2 Lane, and I kind of wish I was there, however if that weather doesn't improve soon, I'll be glad I'm not there this year!?

David Lee 02-08-2017 10:54 PM

we seem to get rain almost every year, the racing gods i guess do not like sportsman racers

GarysZ24 02-08-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 526348)
we seem to get rain almost every year, the racing gods i guess do not like sportsman racers

They did like us last year though, and I'll wish I showed up a bit earlier for one of the two early morning qualifying runs then, because I just missed my first 14sec et slip by .015! I like that track because I qualified with a 15.02 (on my 15.60 DF/S index), and was able to run within .006 of it in the 1st rnd last year (albeit a too quick 15.014 sadly :( )....that's rear-wheel-drive kind of consistency but in my FWD car!!!! :)

SSGN 02-09-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk (Post 526335)

Nothing like a stocker on an open trailer :cool: Good luck to everyone and thanks for the coverage.

Andys dad 02-09-2017 11:14 AM

So how was the new and improved racer experience - "no long lines"?

Rumor has it - that the long line moved from tech to the registration trailer?

As a process engineer - I would have guessed that.

Ron