CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2017 National Performer Award (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67024)

PJ305 07-29-2017 07:42 AM

2017 National Performer Award

Did NHRA scrap that program this year? I haven't seen any results posted anywhere. If someone knows where to find it please post. Thanks

Mark Yacavone 07-29-2017 09:58 AM

Re: 2017 National Performer Award

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ305 (Post 540443)
Did NHRA scrap that program this year? I haven't seen any results posted anywhere. If someone knows where to find it please post. Thanks

Yeah.
Let's not forget. This came about when they eliminated the single class winners.

Gary Summers 07-29-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ305 (Post 540443)

After a week of calling& leaving messages & not getting my calls returned, I finally talked to Eric Lotz. I was informed that program didn't exist anymore because there wasn't enough interest from sponsors in it! This was the week ofTopeka race so I pulled my cars out. Most of the sponsors didn't pay anyway. More nhra enhancements. Gary summers

Gary Summers 07-30-2017 09:52 AM

First NHRA did away with single class wins, then Redman & now National PerformerAwards! Firing Redman was a stupid move along with doing away with tech inspection! Car count continues to decrease. What will NHRA do when there is no longer any Sportsman cars? They need to remember all the money coming in from the drivers that love racing but are often overlooked to make sure the Pros get their races in. What's next? 30 car quota & $1000 entry? NHRA should wise up & get someone like a Redman to run all the races....he cares about the racers!! Gary Summers

Jim Hanig 07-30-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Summers (Post 540549)
First NHRA did away with single class wins, then Redman & now National PerformerAwards! Firing Redman was a stupid move along with doing away with tech inspection! Car count continues to decrease. What will NHRA do when there is no longer any Sportsman cars? They need to remember all the money coming in from the drivers that love racing but are often overlooked to make sure the Pros get their races in. What's next? 30 car quota & $1000 entry? NHRA should wise up & get someone like a Redman to run all the races....he cares about the racers!! Gary Summers

The sportsman should wise up ,-
i