CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More sad news, Captain Jack (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=83794)

MR DERBY CITY 12-25-2022 12:49 PM

More sad news, Captain Jack

During early Christmas morning his house caught fire. The captain and his dogs made it out safely. I believe the world famous 60 Chevy wagon is also safe. I am out of town so I don’t know the full extent of damage ….My best friend from high school just can’t catch a break …..

J.R. Haddad 12-25-2022 01:13 PM

Re: More sad news, Captain Jack

This is really crappy, especially now. M.J. if there is any fundraising, let me know.

J.R.

Alan Roehrich 12-25-2022 09:33 PM

MJ, please keep us posted on anything we can do.

Carguy49 12-26-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 672923)
The captain and his dogs made it out safely.

The most important part of this ordeal. I pray that the damage to the house is minimal.

Kirk Morgan 12-26-2022 07:06 PM

I hope his insurance is up to date, If he or anybody else hasnt reviewed there policy in the past couple of years you are going to be under insured. A friend of mine house burned down almost a year ago and after the fire they raised the value a 100,000$. This is on a 2000 square foot home with 1500 square feet of living space with a 500 square foot garage.

GTS340 12-26-2022 10:09 PM

Good news Jack! 2022 is almost over. As Toad said "Gees what a night!" Praying they get you fixed up fast and better than before.

Take care my friend,
Paul Haszlauer

MR DERBY CITY 12-28-2022 12:53 PM

He found a good place for the dogs, so that’s a big relief. State Farm is on top of it sooo we will see how that goes. There is a REASON why the insurance companies have all the money. LOL….Tall Paul is correct, only 3 more days and the Captain can flip the page to 2023. He wii never forget year 2022…….

Alan Roehrich 12-28-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 673101)
He found a good place for the dogs, so that’s a big relief. State Farm is on top of it sooo we will see how that goes. There is a REASON why the insurance companies have all the money. LOL….Tall Paul is correct, only 3 more days and the Captain can flip the page to 2023. He wii never forget year 2022…….

I promise you, he ain't the only one who ain't a fan of 2022, especially the last half!

MR DERBY CITY 01-05-2023 11:20 AM

We are five days into the New Year and Good ole ‘ Captain Jack is moving right along. The Captain survived NYE, the dogs have relocated to their second doggie motel and like their new surroundings and State Farm insurance is expediting in a timely matter. They have put the captain up in a local motel and he believes he will be there for a few months ….when you take a step back after a catastrophic incident like this, one often realizes that it COULD have been a whole lot worse ….

nhramnl 01-06-2023 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich (Post 673135)
I promise you, he ain't the only one who ain't a fan of 2022, especially the last half!

Amen to that. Every time you said "It can't get any worse" it did.