CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Today is my last day at Holley (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=84178)

Robin Lawrence 02-10-2023 08:25 AM

Today is my last day at Holley

Some of you already know but I made the decision to take a voluntary early retirement from my position at Holley.

My long term plan was to work on setting up my chassis dyno/tuning business and work less and race more when I retired. When the opportunity presented itself to accelerate that timeline I jumped.

I recently purchased a used Superflow 901 engine dyno that I hope to have up and running by mid summer.

I will also be offering my tuning and training services to racers. I pulled out of the Gators because I need to concentrate on finishing up at Holley and getting my ducks in a row for the next chapter.

I haven't given up on the Quick Fuel Stock and Super Stock Carburetor. We were turned down on our requests to bring the carb back. We are talking to a vendor who would commit to a run of 30 carbs. Racers could then buy the carburetors from him.

Joe Pando will be taking over my position as the Director of Motorsports. I have worked with Joe for many years and believe he will do a great job.

Once I get my web-site updated I will post a link. I will be a Holley dealer as well but my main focus is tuning.

While at Holley I was able to meet and work with a lot of wonderful racers. Except Daren Poole-Adams AHahaha
We are going have some fun in St Louis in May! LOL
Really Darren has been a huge friend and I blame him for me wanting to build a car and race Stock Eliminator. I think that I have raced 4 of his many COPO with various combinations. I was able to get a Wally and horespower at the same time in Gainesville with his 376 Direct Injected COPO.

I will still be here and at the races. I will help out when I can.

I will be on the engine dyno next week with the 302/350 HP combination. After Darren dropped his pants at Orlando last weekend I have my work cut out for me.

Thanks

Robin

Pete Beau 02-10-2023 08:30 AM

Re: Today is my last day at Holley

Good luck in your future endeavors!

steven reynolds 02-10-2023 08:39 AM

Congratulations on your retirement, I know you will do well in your new business endeavors, put your magic touch on the Mustang for St Louis, thanks again for your help in St Louis last year.

Steve

SSDiv6 02-10-2023 11:00 AM

Congratulations Robin!
There is no such thing as a "retirement" for a racer!
Best wishes on your new endeavors!

P.S.
...Now you may be able to help Gump go faster...:D

KennyAnderson 02-10-2023 11:19 AM

Congratulations Robin!! In ten months I'll be joining that club as well! Can't wait till the next chapter.

GUMP 02-10-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSDiv6 (Post 675768)
...Now you may be able to help Gump go faster...:D

LOL! Both of us have been saying that we don't intend to put a lot of effort into this race. After all, it's just for fun, right?

Friends shouldn't lie to each other....

Alicia 02-10-2023 12:02 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like you have some fun plans, see you soon!

340Cuda 02-10-2023 12:10 PM

Enjoy your next career!

GUMP 02-10-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 675754)
I will be on the engine dyno next week with the 302/350 HP combination. After Daren dropped his pants at Orlando last weekend I have my work cut out for me.

Shots FIRED!!

https://www.nmcadigital.com/blog/gru...-st-louis/2099

Pistol Pete 02-10-2023 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMP (Post 675792)

My moneys on the White car.