CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   U.S. troops sent to Middle East (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86031)

SStockDart 10-26-2023 03:13 PM

U.S. troops sent to Middle East

Here we go. Afraid we are being dragged into a religious war that can not be won. Biden is sending money to Israel, Hamas, Gaza, and Iran.??????

John Winslow Jr 10-26-2023 11:40 PM

Re: U.S. troops sent to Middle East

Not looking forward to this!!

Eddies66 10-27-2023 01:45 PM

The United States and Israel have signed multiple bilateral defense cooperation agreements, to include: a Mutual Defense Assistance Agreement (1952); a General Security of Information Agreement (1982); a Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (1991); and a Status of Forces Agreement (1994).

Rob Petrie E395 10-28-2023 12:20 PM

My wife’s nephew was told last Saturday morning. To be ready to leave last Sunday. He was told he was headed that way. But not exactly where he was going. I don’t think he’s allowed to say where he is. Just hope everybody gets back safe.

Carguy49 10-28-2023 07:16 PM

My Prayer is that ALL our young men and women are allowed to return safely home as soon as possible.

I have a son-in-law that probably will be over there somewhere and one of my granddaughters husband will be also, I assume. Both are in the U.S. Army. So I am especially anxious as all of this plays out.

Please GOD bring every soldier safely back to their families.

SStockDart 11-07-2023 05:53 PM

WASHINGTON—The U.S. and its NATO allies served notice Tuesday that they will formally suspend their participation in a 1990 treaty limiting conventional forces in Europe, marking the demise of another landmark arms control agreement.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s move follows Russia’s formal withdrawal from the accord on Tuesday and longstanding Western complaints that Moscow wasn’t honoring the terms of the treaty.

L.Fite 11-07-2023 07:39 PM

Well...
Going by our past track record...
We ain't ready for this...

Eddies66 11-07-2023 09:54 PM

We should not continue to be bound by a treaty to which Russia is not bound. The Russian haven’t met the terms of the treaty since 2007.

L.Fite 11-07-2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 688288)
We should not continue to be bound by a treaty to which Russia is not bound. The Russian haven’t met the terms of the treaty since 2007.

True

SSDiv6 11-09-2023 09:32 PM

Israel can take care of itself and has been doing it for a long time.
Behind the scenes, the Middle East countries want Israel to take care of the PLO and Hamas. They will not even take their refugees.
The USA positioned forces in the region to keep Iran in check.

I am actually more worried about what could explode as a conflict with China. The region is extremely volatile and the Chinese military wants a fight.