View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
s10stocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory experimental

Where were you guys about 6 months ago, when I was beating the drum for tell-tale boost gauges on all forced induction cars because of their inordinate showing as #1 qualifiers at National events??? In the last four years, (had stats for 2004-2007 at the time) about two percent of the cars (turbo cars) had nailed down something like fifteen-percent of the #1 qualifying slots... a statistical anomaly that screams for attention.

Now that the issue is a different one, but the cause of the problem is the same, you come out with this.

Since horsepower at the flywheel is almost certainly boost-dependent, OF COURSE it needs to be monitored to factory specs, one way or another. Tell-tale boost gauges is one effective way to do it.

I still think these "new" factory race cars belong in S/S.... especially, the ones with less than 7.5 lbs/hp.

How about when a turbo car at a alt. track sets a record 1.58 under but wait, it can't get hit because it's a alt track. Sorry almost a year later that still bothers me.