View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Z28-69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Ford Super Duty F-350

Thanks magnum and too all the other guys here that have posted some really valuable information. We have the truck back at home, and in a five mile trip home the trucks oil level went above where it should be by about 1/2 inch. Want to take to another dealer but yes they flagged it, so they are kind of tied too. I understand! We already figured out that this is not an easy motor replacement, (remove the cab) so we figure dealer/tech was not going above and beyond and if they do and Ford dont pay them for their time....I understand that too. Nobody should work for free. Dont know if it's true or not but yes I did hear Ford and International are having pissing matches. Not really our problem but guess i'm in the middle. I caught it quick enough I think that I really don't think that there is damage. I think if the injector or injectors get fixed it should be good. Am I thinking right? If oil got into the turbos for short time would that ruin them? I understand that in order for Ford to want to warranty new motor for another 100k they want everything replaced, but to me It's a waist. Just fix the injector. I believe it happened in matter of miles not days.
Z28-69 is offline   Reply With Quote