View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kennedy View Post
You don't read this place much do you? That is mostly what goes on here.

Run 4.10 gears and a semi reasonable converter and you can drive it and bracket race it. But it won't be as consistent without a ton of gear and converter.

Do you already have a race car? Then having a bracket car isn't that much use to you. If you don't, you need to get out there and get some win lights definitely build a race car.
yeah i've always wanted to build one lol growing up around my dad racing and my grandpa and his barret-jackson quality street rods it got to me lol i kept telling myself when i was about 12 or 13 im gonna do that some day. i wana make drag racing a career! and i've gone to every nhra event at heartland park topeka for the past 5 years and the division 5 races. but i know that if i wanted to compete in those it would have to be the super street catagory since im planning on running the chevy in the ford setup. i know all that crap. i did a **** load of research on it. reading the whole damn nhra rulebook lol but for now since im not the richest gearhead in the world the chevy engine is cheap for me and the mustang body is too, and so i just put two and two together and here i am. i know im not gonna be running 10 second passes and im not gonna be able to compete in the nhra competition so thats why i posted in the bracket forum cause i know i can compete bracket races. lol and i'll take your word on it about the 4.10 gears.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU!!!

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
dragster2006 is offline   Reply With Quote