View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Bob Alberty Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1150 dominator Questions

More questions about the same carburator,

It is an older 7320 without adjustable air bleeds, I bought new throttle blades from Chuck Nuyten, but they didnt want to discuss the carb because it is "only a two circuit"

My questions, if it idles through the pits, and is wide open against a chip on the tranzbrake, why would there be any need in an intermediate circuit?

Also, box stock jetting is 95 sqared, I currently have 100 squared in it, and it wants more. What are your opinions about putting power valves in the carb (the motor only pulls 4.5" at idle) say 8.5's so that they are always open, and lowering the main jets so I can get back some adjustability out of it as 100 jets are the biggest I own,or can you buy 100+ jet sizes, all I have found is the alky jets up around 130, and read somewhere that the alky jets were a different thread pitch? Or have I got something screwed up to need someting so far away from the factory jetting? I am running Sunoco 110 gasoline (110 octane) at 7.5 lbs of fuel pressure.

I set the throttle blades with a feeler guage to get them the same, then adjust front and rear idle speed screws the same, to keep it squared, and the four corner air fuel needles I keep sqared, all the way in then out about 1 1/2 rounds is where they are now for the highest vacume reading.
Bob Alberty Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote