Thread: ET Predictor
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: ET Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Wigington View Post
Which one do you use ? I have used a TAG, and a Kestrel 4000. I was thinking about getting the 4250,as it supposedly gives you a prediction. I am also looking at the CrewChief Pro. If you dont mind, tell me what you like about the one you use and why, so I can make a somewhat educated purchase.
Thanks guys,
Kenny
Kestrel 4250 predicts et? News to me. Good handheld weatherstation with wind. Et prediction for me is old school log book, with historical compare and contrasts, with breakdowns between both the kestrel and the portatree. Rocket Science not exactly, linear math yes. Thinking about one of the super old school manual gauges, like Gene Jordan has, no batteries to go awry as the backup to the backup. The kestrel is super good on batteries. Bought from Biodi pre-season reading 79% tonight, DA of 84 here in the living room low humidity 26.8%,24.6m,31.3d,30.22P, 65d.

I have thought about the crew chief pro and other handheld computers. Shall see.

The 4250 is very nice though, it fits in the beverage holder of a beach chair for wind out side your trailer, on over your head on your bike/cart.

Portatree is also good, battery hog, and once it goes, it goes hard. I tend to run it direct off the generator, but the kestrel gives a lot more data for me to ponder.

Eric from balmy Massachusetts
stock 1883