Thread: We're Evolving!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Paul Merolla

Liked 232 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: We're Evolving!

Billy, first off I'll say thank you for all your recent posts - it's putting some life back in this board...along with Evan's excellent replies. Even though I have yet to hit the track in Stock (this year, God willing) I have some thoughts on this topic of evolution. I consider myself to be part of the "we need more tech" crowd; I'm curious as to the mindset of the current crop of class racers... i.e. what percent want more tech, less tech, etc. My hunch is that most racers would be in favor of more stringent enforcement of our rules, and even-handed application of them across the board. That being said, we all know NHRA doesn't appear to be heading in that direction - whether it's a financial reason or otherwise. So - what could those of us that care about these classes do to further our agenda as far as tech goes? All we usually hear is, "These classes are dead, NHRA is killing us off, I quit, etc." Well, the way I see it is, if enough people are dedicated to this sickness, then we should be able to do something to preserve it and not just let everything "happen" to us. How bout some positive ideas...whether it involves NHRA or not. I know organizing racers is like herding cats, but throwing your hands up is chicken dookie if you ask me. I'll start....what if we really got behind AHRA? I know there are a thousand negatives, but it's essentially a clean slate - racer friendly, same rules as NHRA, not run by bean counting A-holes. Let 'er rip! Flame ON!
Paul Merolla is offline   Reply With Quote