View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
super-x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1st post...new with questions

Hello,

This is my post post on these forums... Don't know if I'm posting in the right sub-forum but I'll try it anyway. In short, I'm 44 and have been a long time drag racing fan. I am also a manufacturing engineer with 25 years of experience in machining, welding and fabrication. I started bracket racing my 2006 mustang for fun the past couple years but would like to possibly take things another step further. I have entertained the idea of getting a dragster and maybe running in the super-pro category. I have been trying to do some research on cars, (which chassis), and which style of frame (hard tail, 4-link, etc.) One of my biggest questions have been typical operating costs per year and what kind of work it takes to maintain a car. I understand it's proportional to how often and how hard it is run, but I would think there would be some baselines to start with. I currently fly an ultralight I built and have been considering a change in hobbies. I just don't want to make a change over to something completely different and realize I fell into a black hole! If anyone has any info of this nature or has any links they could forward with some good info it would be appreciated.
super-x is offline   Reply With Quote