View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #54
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contingency Sponsers for Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney B View Post
Just a thought;
I just spent the weekend at our awards banquet for Summit Motorsports Park. One thing that Bill Bader brought up is our lack of gatitude. Acording to him and the sponsors no one ever sends thank you's anymore when they receive contingency money.
We have to remember they do not have to pay it, they pay it to say "thanks for using our product" we can at least send a note back saying "thanks for your generosity"
I know I am going to get busted for this but I do believe he is right and I think it would help us all.

BB bust away.

FYI; SMP pays contingency on the spot for company's, some as much as $150.00 to win!
I can collect over $300.00 in contingency for a regular nights win, paid in cash on the spot!
Did you put that Blaster decal on for free because your gratefull for there product. Of course not and that's why they pay for us putting there sticker on out nice paint jobs. The sponsors also get advertising rights at the event which is valuable and I always thank anyone that helps out and your right we should but the vendors are rewarded or they wouldn't do it because it's all part of their advertising budget.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote