View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #350
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,550 Times in 1,982 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

They say never comment on someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Since we just walked 5503 miles enjoying the lifestyle of the touring pro, let me tell you up front "It ain't easy". Every little vibration or noise that the motorhome makes always gives you concern on what could be going wrong. And then you have all the road hazards, just trying to make any tire on your rig go flat. And then you check on the racecar in the trailer 3 times a day to make sure everything is still where it needs to be. The pressure you put on yourself to get to the next race without anything going wrong and if something does go wrong, you are always formulating "Plan B".

My driving did improve over the 5 week span of racing . I believe the touring professional has the advantage of always getting to race on a properly prepared racetrack all the time. And as always in any athletic endevour, there is a certain amount of talent and acquired skill with a passion for winning. I think every touring pro should be sponsored by Target because everyone is taking a shot at that bullseye on their back. Here is the secret on how to beat Dan Fletcher: 1. Have him drive 2700 miles in 3 days. 2. Now that he is totally exhausted both mentally and physically, catch him before he gets dialed in.

Larry
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote