View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts
Thumbs up great racing at Indy

Well I'm back from my yearly pilgrimage from the Mecca(sorry if I'm not politically correct) of Drag racers from all over the world US National, INDY, The Big Go, where you meet some of the nicest people in the world. I'm always amazed that so many people are ready to talk with you and even share some of their speed secrets. Jimmy Ronzello and his racing partner were incredibly forthcoming with their experiences and help to fellow racers, nice to see Charles Blossum come to Indy with his wife's PT Cruiser and become number one qualifier, I'm sure Billy Nees would be happy to see that someone else clock works counterclockwise like him. Congratulation to Dereck Atwill for qualifying his DP on his first attempt at INDY, quite an accomplishment for him and his Dad Rick who have supported his racing endeavor. I have to mention this as I witness myself a great moment of kindness that will probably past without being talk about but remembered by one racer: Don Garlits was standing around in the lanes waiting for his time trial just like everyone when he decided to look at this little red Mustang convertible which happened to be a standard shift convertible driven by a woman, he showed genuine interest in the car and took time to joke with the racer who was totally taken aback by this. I knew he was a great racer but now I know he's a good man. Wow! what a great gesture. Claude

Last edited by cicero819; 09-05-2010 at 01:00 PM.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote