View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Danny Ashley

Liked 92 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Single channel O2

Racepak too. Never had a customer regret going with them. That's what I'm putting on my new Stocker. Phil Mandella told me you still tune by your time slip, the racepak just tells you which direction to go. I have racers call and ask what number to look for and I tell them there's no magic number for everyone. I have customers that range from 12.8 to 13.6 each with fast cars. When you get a wide band Dan, you'll need to go to a test session and work on calibrating your Q-Jet to run the fastest and that will be your "Sweet Spot". Then when you get in different weather conditions your wide band will tell you if you need to lean or fatten it up. One of my friends and Super Stock customers has a Racepak and went testing Saturday with a carburetor that was completely different than the Edelbrock 1901 he usually runs. His car likes mid 13"s on the O2's. He guessed at the primary and secondary jetting and made his first pass. He could feel the car wasn't right in high gear. When he came back and down-loaded the run, the O2's were 15 in high gear. As Phil said, the Racepak told him which direction to go. I feel that a Racepak is one of the best investments a racer can put in his car. Takes a lot of guess work out of it and quickens the learning curve.
Danny Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote