View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 135 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: IHRA Expands Sportsman Spectacular to 3 weekends in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
I don't know why there weren't more NHRA racers at the big IHRA races last year. For me it was just a little too far. Memphis is a different story and should be a heavily attended race. One thing that bothers me and I think it bothers a lot of stock and super stock racers are the buy backs. I truly believe that the track and IHRA will take in more money by not having them in the form of increased participation. Also class races with trophies or even plaques and some contingency would definitely help with the turnout.
It was brought up in the forums when the Sportsman Spectaculars were originally discussed - to consider having buybacks only if there are less than X amount of cars. IHRA didn't know what to expect from the new format, but the tracks needed some sort of guarantee towards the bottom line. Now that they have a better idea of what to expect and have been recieving feedback, perhaps they can compromise by taking a step towards the possiblity of having buybacks ONLY if the turnout is less than anticipated. If racers compromise in return and take a chance on having enough show up, perhaps buybacks can eventually be eliminated alltogether. A little "give" on both sides and the racers can promote that fact to get more of their friends to attend.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote