View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts
Default Re: I Told You So!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
"Zimmerman called police the evening of the shooting to report Martin as a suspicious person, police have said. A dispatcher told Zimmerman to stand down and an officer was on the way. Zimmerman confronted the youth anyway and Martin was shot in the chest with Zimmerman's 9 mm pistol, police said. Police questioned Zimmerman, then released him."

This statement from the Huffington Post leaves the question as to Mr. Zimmerman's true intent. This situation would have had a whole different outcome if instructions had been followed.

That turned out not to be true according to every actual report I've seen or seen quoted, nor is it reported by any actual eyewitness. No witness I'm aware of has said that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

By the way, the transcripts and the recordings that have been published and played have all had one important thing edited out. When the dispatcher told Zimmerman not to continue to follow Martin, Zimmerman answered. The answer was "Okay".

Of course, contrary to how the justice system is supposed to work in this country, Zimmerman is presumed guilty, and must prove his innocence. Funny how that works. Especially with the media, and how they supposedly publish "facts".

I'd trust Dan Rather to tell the truth and get the facts straight before I'd trust "The Huffington Post". At least at one time, Dan Rather was supposedly a legitimate "journalist" or "reporter".