Thread: 2 Post lift
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: 2 Post lift

I did mine by myself as well. I stood up both side pieces with a engine crane and then put the crossbar on the top. I was able to do it by myself. The crossbar was the tricky part. I put the two pieces together loosely and put one side up on top of one sidepost and walked the other side up as I climbed the ladder. Secured it in place with some wire and went over to the other side and lined it up and installed the bolts loosely. Then went back to the first side removed the wire and put the bolts in. If you have help and 2 ladders at the same time it will be much easier. After the cross bar was installed loosely I measured the bottom and moved them around until they were at the specified distance and square to each other. Then just drill and anchor it. It will come bolted together with brackets at the ends. If you bring it home on a open trailer like I did a regular engine hoist will allow you to pick up the two big side pieces one at a time to unload them and get them stood up. If you bring it home in the back of a pickup I don't think you will be able to do it with a engine hoist. Will most likely need a few big boys or a wrecker,crane or loader tractor to get it out of the truck.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote