View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: floor paint/epoxy

I just completed a garage renovation over Memorial Day weekend. I used Shield Crete from Sherwin Williams. I researched online for sometime and it boiled down to 3 brands - Shield Crete, Armor Coating and U-Coat It. Based on my online searches, I felt that all three brands were relatively the same. At the time, Sherwin Williams was having a 40% off sale which is what put them over the edge. I cannot stress enough on the prep work prior to laying down the epoxy. I did not like the outcome the cleaner/degreaser so I rented a concrete grinder so I could ensure getting all of the stains from oil, grime and petroleum products that leached out of tires into the concrete for 26 years would come out. After I took about a 1/64th of an inch off the top, I power washed the garage out and then acid etched it, and then power washed it out 3 times. Layed down the epoxy (beige) and added the chips. After it set for about 30 hours, I layed down 2 coats of sealer on top. I then let it cure for 6 days before I rolled the cars in. The directions state to allow 72 hours though. I just wanted to make sure. So far so good. None of it has peeled up. I am having tire staining issues though and cannot seem to scrub enough to remove the stains. I have used Simple Green, Spray 9, Castrol Super Cleaner and Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Any advice? As soon as I get the stains up I will be putting down some type of rug or device so the tires can no longer stain the floor.

Thanks
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote