Thread: Crank Trigger
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 424 Times in 204 Posts
Default Re: Crank Trigger

For those that took the short bus to school, the op speciafically asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by js72mav View Post
using a crank trigger over a billet distributor? Does one make your car faster than the other
and that question has been answer honestly and accurately by myself and others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
All I can tell you is claims of more stable timing aside, my 950HP engine, turning 8000 in the lights in my nearly 3200 lb. ride that makes 250+ passes a season, prints time slips WITHOUT a crank trigger and no belt drive either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
I have dynoed w/both I never have seen real power difference, There maybe some power in crank trigger,but have seen alot change and not go any faster.
More stable timing on these engines at the RPM they turn and the power they make does NOT result in quicker ETs that can be seen on a time slip and deteremined to be the result of a swap from a locked out billet distributor to a crank trigger.

Now what the op or anyone else decides to run/spend their coin is of no concern to me, I'll continue to spend my coin on parts that I KNOW produces quicker ETs on the time slip, NOT the trick of the week and parts whose reputation is founded in myth, rumor, hearsay and marketing!

It's for this reason why my cars always run quicker ETs as well quicker 60 foots than similar cars at similar weight despite them having more cubes and bigger everything!

The truth and the facts are just that.

To the op, my apologies for the nonsense and stupidity that some feel necessary to post, rather than reply to your question.

Last edited by 1320racer; 09-04-2013 at 08:14 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote