View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #34
dwydendorf

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a shift finger for Jerico?

Has anyone tried to get a billet shift lever for a toploader trans? Years ago Libertys used to make billet shift levers for the toploader trans and unless Jerico has changed the design, that toploader forks and shift levers would work. Years ago, Jerry used to build a Toploader cased Jerico before the Stock Guys could use an Aluminum or Mag cased Jerico. I pushed the Cluster shaft into my early narrow toothed Jerico and sent the case to Jerico to get a steel bushing installed , in the meantime I purchased a cast iron Toploader case from Jerico, to use, while they had my other case. I split the first cast iron case and modified a toploader case by reaming out the cluster shaft hole and adding the extra detent at the back of the case. The cast iron case also needed a spacer between the throwout bearing collar and the case. I ran the modified toploader cases for 3 or 4 years while I waited to get my original case back. The original toploader shift levers had an o-ring groove that was the weak point. Before billet shift levers were available, the o-ring groove was welded up and ground smooth. All the internals of the narrow tooth Jerico fit into the modified toploader case so there is a good chance someone may make a billet shift lever for a toploader that will work.